side menu icon

Frequently Asked Questions

Spring Renewal

What are the Spring Renewal incentives and what are the deadlines for taking advantage of them?

We have lots of great Spring Renewal incentives! For details, visit our renew page.

Can my Girl Scout use Program Credits earned during the Cookie Program to pay for her membership renewal?

Yes, Girl Scouts who earned Program Credits during the 2021 Cookie Season, or who have funds in a Carryover Account, can use them for Girl Scout membership renewal from April 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021. Girl Scouts of Central Texas is aware that many families continue to struggle during the COVID-19 pandemic due to job and/or income loss and do not want membership fees to be a barrier for girls to continue with Girl Scouting.

To use Program Credits for membership renewal, simply log into "MyGS", follow the prompts to renew your Girl Scout's membership, and select 'program credits' as the payment method at checkout. You will not be asked to provide a card number. Our staff will verify that the Girl Scout has enough Program Credits to cover the $25 renewal fee and will reach out if they need an additional form of payment. 

Can my Girl Scout use Program Credits earned during the Cookie Program to buy a Girl Scout membership for someone else?

Yes, Girl Scouts who earned Program Credits during the 2021 Cookie Season, or who have funds in a Carryover Account, can use them to gift a Girl Scout membership or renewal to a friend or sister from April 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021. Program Credits cannot be used to gift a membership to an adult.

To gift a membership to a friend or sister, please complete the Program Credit Request From and select 'gift a membership' as the option in the first question. You will be asked for the name of the girl receiving the gifted membership. The girl receiving the gift should visit our join page and complete her membership selecting 'apply for financial assistance' as the payment method at checkout. She will not be asked to provide a card number. Our staff will match the request from the gifter with the registration request from the recipient and complete the registration.

How do I renew my Girl Scout's membership using Program Credits when she hasn't yet received her new Program Credit card number?

To use Program Credits for membership renewal, simply log into "MyGS", follow the prompts to renew your Girl Scout's membership, and select 'program credits' as the payment method at checkout. You will not be asked to provide a card number. Our staff have a process in place to verify that the Girl Scout has earned enough Program Credits to cover the $25 renewal fee. We will reach out if an additional form of payment is needed. 

I don't know how many Program Credits my Girl Scout earned. How do I find out?

If you are unsure about the amount of Program Credits your Girl Scout earned during the 2021 Cookie Program, please reach out to your Troop Cookie Coordinator or contact our Customer Care Team at

Can my Girl Scout use Carryover Credits earned in previous years to renew her membership or to gift a membership to a friend?

Yes, if your Girl Scout has funds in a Carryover Account, she can use these for membership renewal or to gift a membership to a friend. The same processes and deadlines apply as with current Program Credits. 

Note that any 2021 Program Credits earned will be used first before Carryover Funds and that Carryover Accounts must maintain a balance of $100 to remain active. 

My Girl Scout has less than $25 in Program Credits. Can she still use Program Credits to renew her membership?

Yes, Program Credits can be used to defray the cost of membership renewal even if the Girl Scout does not have enough to cover the full amount. If your Girl Scout's Program Credit balance is not enough to cover the cost of her membership renewal or gifted membership, our staff will reach out for another form of payment to cover the balance. Please note that the membership is not considered complete and active until this additional balance is paid.

Can I apply for Financial Assistance if my Girl Scout has Program Credits?

Girl Scouts of Central Texas' goal is to make Girl Scouts accessible to all girls who want to participate. Financial assistance is available for membership, uniform components and handbooks, GSCTX summer camp, and GSCTX and Service Unit events. More information on financial assistance and financial partnerships is available at

Please note that active Program Credits will be used first prior to applying financial assistance to membership renewal.

I'm a troop leader and would like to renew all of my girls. Some have Program Credits and some don't. Can I still renew them all?

Yes! The new Volunteer Systems 2.0 system allows you to select different payment methods for each girl at checkout. Simply log into "MyGS", renew memberships for those girls in your troop who are continuing, and select 'program credits' as the payment method for those girls who earned them during the 2021 Cookie Season or who have Carryover Funds from previous years and 'credit card' for those who did not. You will not be asked to provide Program Credit card numbers. Our staff will verify that these Girl Scouts have enough Program Credits to cover the $25 renewal fee and will reach out if they need an additional form of payment.

What is a Young Alum Lifetime Membership and who is eligible to purchase one? Can I use Program Credits or Carryover Credits to purchase it?

Girl Scout Young Alum Lifetime Memberships are special, reduced price ($200) lifetime memberships for Girl Scout alums. To be eligible, you must have been a registered Girl Scout girl member for at least one membership year, be at least 18 years old (or a high school graduate or equivalent), and be under the age of 30.

Current GSCTX Girl Scout Ambassadors who are graduating high school and/or bridging to Adult Girl Scouts are able to use 2021 Program Credits or Carryover Funds to purchase their Young Alum Lifetime Membership between April 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021. 

To purchase your Young Alum Lifetime Membership, simply log into "MyGS", the Young Alum Lifetime Membership will show as a membership option if you are eligible, add it to your cart, and select 'program credits' as the payment method at checkout. You will not be asked to provide a card number. Our staff will verify that you have enough Program Credits or Carryover Credits to cover the $200 fee and will reach out if they need an additional form of payment. 

What is the Troop Leader Complimentary Renewal incentive? How do I take advantage of it?

Girl Scouts of Central Texas is aware that many families continue to struggle during the COVID-19 pandemic due to job and/or income loss. Troop leaders are the lifeblood of Girl Scouts, shaping the future of the girls they lead. We don't want the cost of renewing to be a barrier for our troop leaders to continue to provide girls in their troops with encouragement, go-getting spirit, and guidance next year in Girl Scouts!

To take advantage of this incentive, simply go to, fill out, and submit the form by June 30, 2021. GSCTX staff will process your membership renewal in the back office and notify you when it is complete.

Who is eligible for the Troop Leader Complimentary Renewal Incentive? Do I need to renew as a Troop Leader?

Troop leaders who run "traditional troops" may take advantage of council's offer to pay for their membership renewal. The only requirement is that you must renew into at least one troop leader role.

Service Unit volunteers who also serve in a troop leader role are eligible to take advantage of this offer.

Community troop leaders running troops on behalf of council outreach programs are not eligible for this offer.

I'm a troop leader and I would like to pay for my renewal myself. Can I still do that?

Thank you for being thoughtful and ensuring GSCTX has the resources to cover all troop leaders who would like to take advantage of this opportunity. The Troop Leader Complimentary Renewal incentive is not an automatic process. If you would like to pay for your renewal, simply log into "MyGS", follow the prompts to renew your adult membership, and complete the payment information during checkout.

I'm considering becoming a brand new troop leader but I'm concerned about the cost of membership. Can I take advantage of the Troop Leader Complimentary Renewal incentive?

We are excited that you are interested in becoming a Girl Scout leader! The Troop Leader Complimentary Renewal incentive is only for current troop leaders renewing their role. However, if you are concerned about the cost of membership, please reach out to our Customer Care Team at They can provide you with additional resources and forms of assistance.

I've already renewed myself and/or my Girl Scout for Membership Year 2022. Is there still a way to take advantage of the Spring Renewal incentives?

Unfortunately, once a membership renewal is completed, we are not able to process a refund and change the payment method. Please visit our Program Credit page or our GSCTX shop for more great ways to use earned Program Credits.

I'm not part of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas Council. Can I still take advantage of these offers?

No, while we would love to help all girls and troop leaders, our Spring Renewal incentives are only for current members of Girl Scouts of Central Texas.


General Questions

What are the Service Center and Shop hours?

Click here for shop and service center hours.

How do I manage my email preferences (subscribe/unsubscribe)?

Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive any general emails from GSCTX, simply click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our email messages and you will be removed from our lists. Please be aware that this will stop delivery of all emails which include Tuesday’s Trefoil (our weekly newsletter), notices on special events, reminders of programs, as well as notices about general membership deadlines such as Early Bird.

Unsubscribing will NOT stop delivery of any transactional messages that are a critical part of GSCTX membership. For example, if you registered for one of our programs, you would still receive an email confirming that you had registered, even if you unsubscribed from our general emails. Unsubscribing from GSCTX general emails also does not unsubscribe you from GSUSA emails, and vice versa.

Re-subscribe: If you wish to resubscribe again later – or if you are not receiving email and would like to – please contact our Customer Care team by clicking the Contact Us link at the top of the site or calling (800) 733-0011.

I have girls in my troop of various religions/no religion. How can I accommodate them in the saying of the Girl Scout Promise?

To accommodate girls of varying faiths in saying the Girl Scout promise, volunteers are responsible for being sensitive to the spiritual beliefs of all girls, making sure that everyone in the group feels comfortable and included in Girl Scouting. Individual girls may substitute the word "God" in the Promise with whatever word is applicable to the girl's spiritual beliefs, but, like the Pledge of Allegiance, the official Girl Scout Promise includes the word "God" in both its spoken and written form.

What is GSCTX's discrimination policy?

Girls and volunteers cannot be excluded from activities based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, marital or socioeconomic status, disability, or age. Girl Scouts is an inclusive organization. Girl Scouts of Central Texas is committed to having its membership reflect the diversity of population groups within its jurisdiction.

How can I get the best support from Customer Care?

Below are some suggestions for how to get your needs met as quickly as possible when you contact our Customer Care team for support:

  1. When you contact Customer Care team via email or our online form, you’re not just sending an email, you’re opening up a case in our system. 
  2. Please have the individual who needs the action taken contact us so that the case will link to the correct record. (Exceptions: updating how a troop appears in the troop catalog or troop transfers should be completed by the troop leader, SUR or SUD.) 
  3. We can help you best if you group together like issues into one case each. For example, if you need to check on the status of your criminal background check AND ask a question about your Girl Scout’s fall product sales, please enter these as two separate cases. 
  4. Finally, when you first email or reply to Customer Care, please don’t cc anyone else. Every time someone besides you replies to that email thread, a new case opens up in our system! 

Membership Registration

Can you tell me more about the cost, duration, and benefit of registering as a Girl Scout?

Girl Scout membership dues go directly to Girl Scouts of the USA each year; girls receive all the benefits of being a member of a national organization. Currently there are 2.8 million girl and adult members. All members (girl and adult) pay membership dues annually. The membership year runs from October 1 through September 30.

Annual dues for the each year are $25 and the Girl Scout year runs between October 1 and September 30.

Extended Year Membership
Beginning April 1 of each year, new girl and adult members may purchase an Extended Year Membership. Girls must be going into K– 12th grades in the fall to purchase this membership.

The Extended Year Membership registers the new member for the remainder of the current  Girl Scout year and for the entire next membership year; the cost is $35.00.

  • Only new members may purchase this membership – this means it is available to girls and adults who have not been Girl Scouts in the past
  • When registering online the Extended Year Membership is available April 1 through July 31
  • Girls must be going into K – 12th grades in the fall and must be at least 4 years old in order to purchase this membership
  • Girls entering Kindergarten in the upcoming fall will be able to choose Pre-K as their school grade when purchasing this Girl Scout membership between April 1 and July 31 – Note: This is not a Program Grade Level; Pre-K indicates the grade in school
  • Girls and adults who purchase this membership can officially participate in Girl Scout activities starting on April 1
  • Cost is $35 for both girls and adults
  • The Extended Year Membership is valid for the remainder of the current Girl Scout year and all of the next Girl Scout year
If I register online, how does my daughter get a troop?

When you register your daughter online, you will be asked to enter your zip code and the available troops in that area will be displayed for you to select from. These troops may be established or may still be forming, needing more girls or adult volunteers. If a troop has a troop leader, you should be contacted shortly by that troop leader to get started. If you can't find a troop that works for your daughter, you can still complete the registration process by selecting "Apply to participate without a troop" or "Apply to start  your own". You can then reach out to Customer Care. A staff member will be happy to help find the right troop for your daughter or assist in setting up the new troop.

What is the minimum age/grade for joining Girl Scouts?

Any girl in K-12 grade can join Girl Scouts. In order to begin, a girl must be in Kindergarten. We are so excited that parents are interested in getting their daughters involved right away and can't wait to have them as brand new Daisies once they are old enough to join!

Must I be a registered member to participate in Girl Scouts?

Yes. Anyone who wants to participate in activities such as trips, events, or meetings must be registered.

Do I need to register every year? How do we register?

Yes, all girls and adults participating in the Girl Scout Movement shall be registered as members with Girl Scouts of the United States of America and individually pay the $25 annual, or other applicable membership dues, except those adults who are lifetime members or who are working in a temporary advisory or consultative capacity. To renew membership, go to and click on "My GS". For a new membership, go to and click on JOIN. For a girl membership, you will be prompted to select a troop for your daughter based on your location or school. Become a member yourself and sign up to volunteer!

I want to know if there is a troop for my girl before I sign her up.

We encourage you not to wait until there is a troop before you sign your girl up. When you sign your girl up for Girl Scouts, you can choose the troop that will best suit your family. If the troop is forming, we will need adult volunteers in order for it to start meeting. When you click join on our website, you will be taken to the Participation Catalog which lists all the troops available by location. The best way to search is to search by zip code and then scroll through the selections until you find the school or location of the troop you want your daughter placed in. If the listing shows that adult volunteers are needed, this means that we still need adult volunteers before we can form the troop. Consider signing up as a volunteer and helping out with your girl's troop. You can go to and click volunteer to start the process of becoming a member and being approved as a volunteer.

I have requested financial assistance for my daughter for membership. What happens next?

Financial Assistance can be requested when registering a girl for a membership by checking the financial aid box when "checking out" their registration cart.  Individuals can click the "Financial Assistance Policy" next to the financial aid checkbox to be directed to the Financial Assistance for Membership form. Customers should then fill out the Financial Assistance for Membership form. A staff member will review the request and then notify the customer if the financial assistance has been granted and also complete the individual's Girl Scout registration.

What materials will my daughter need to begin her Girl Scouting experience?

What your daughter needs to begin her Girl Scouting experience is a Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting, a sash or vest, membership pins, and troop numbers. GSCTX Starter Kits are a great value and have everything needed to begin the Girl Scout experience. The Starter Kit includes a Girl’s Guide, a Journey book, sash or vest, membership pins, and troop numbers. Starter kits are available at all GSCTX Council Shop locations or on our online shop. Go to the online shop to see options and prices.

How do I renew a girl or adult membership?

Click on "My GS" on our website and log into your household account to renew a girl or adult membership. For renewal resources, go to the renew page on the GSCTX website.

How do I register or renew my troop members?

To register a new member to your troop: Log into "My GS" and go to your troop roster. Scroll to the bottom of the roster and click on "Register a new Troop Member." Follow the prompts.

To renew: Log into "My GS", go to "My Account", and then "My Troop(s)". Under Member Details, check the boxes on the left of each person you wish to renew. Alternately, if all girls and adults are renewing, check "Select All" at the top of the Girl and Adult rosters. If you are unsure if someone is planning to return, leave the check box blank. If you know that someone is definitely not planning to return, you can check "Not returning" next to their name. Scroll to the top of the Member Details section and click on the green "Renew" button to continue to the payment screen.

Which membership registrations cannot be done online?

While the majority of memberships can be handled online, there is an exception that must be taken care of using the traditional paper method:

Checks, Money Orders, Cash - These cannot be accepted online. All online registrations require credit/debit cards. Troops leaders without a troop debit/credit card will not be able to re-register members online; however, a leader's personal debit/credit card can be used to register members and the leader can be reimbursed by a troop check. Troop leaders can submit paper forms to a GSCTX service center. Note: Paper forms take much longer to process than those completed online and may delay membership information from appearing on a troop's roster.

Where can I get paper forms for offline membership registration?

Paper membership registration forms are available in the GSCTX Forms Library.

Are there instances when a membership can be refunded?
  • Once a girl or adult pays the yearly Girl Scout membership fee the dues go directly to GSUSA and are not kept by GSCTX.
  • GSUSA policy only allows for refunds to be made if 1) the wrong registration year has been chosen, or  2) a duplicate membership has been purchased for a member. 
  • Membership dues cannot be transferred.
  • All requests for refunds for membership must be made the same membership year that the membership was purchased and cannot be processed after the membership year has ended,  i.e. 2021 membership refunds purchased during the 2021 membership year must be processed by September 30, 2021. Please allow time for processing when submitting a request.  
  • Refund requests must be made in writing using the Contact Us form. 
Who can purchase a Lifetime Membership and what are the benefits and advantages of a Lifetime Membership?

Lifetime Membership is available to any individual who accepts the principles and beliefs of the Girl Scout Movement, pays the one-time Lifetime Membership fee, and is 18 years of age or older.

When you become a Lifetime Member, your dues are used to support the Lifetime Membership Endowment Fund, which supports programming for girls in STEM, the outdoors, entrepreneurship, and life skills—areas essential for preparing them to lead a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. Lifetime Membership fees are generally considered tax-deductible.

And ... as a Lifetime Member, you will:

  • Unleash the power of G.I.R.L. in YOU as you become one of more than 60 million G.I.R.L.s taking the lead to accomplish amazing things every day!
  • Turn your commitment into girls’ success with a welcome letter and lifetime member certificate signed by the chair of the Girl Scouts of the USA Board of Directors!
  • Stay up-to-date on the latest Girl Scout happenings with the bimonthly Girl Scout alumnae enewsletter!
  • Keep the power of G.I.R.L. close to your heart with your purchase of a Lifetime Membership pin!
  • Have fun and connect with other G.I.R.L.s at various events held at GSCTX for adult members.
What are the different types of Lifetime Memberships available?

There are two categories of Lifetime Memberships:

  1. Lifetime Membership ($400) - available for anyone age 18 or older who was never a girl member OR anyone age 30 or older regardless of being a girl alumna.
  2. Young Alumnae Lifetime Membership ($200) - available for former girl members who are 18-29 yers of age at the time of purchase.
How can Lifetime Memberships be purchased?

A current adult member may choose to upgrade to a Lifetime Membership at any time through their membership portal, "My GS", including during membership renewal time periods.

Young women ages 18-29 may now also purchase their Young Alumnae Lifetime Membership online through the membership portal, "My GS".

What is the Extended Year Membership Category and how does it work?

The "Extended Year" membership is an option for registering NEW girls and adults that allows them to join at a prorated price of $35. This price includes membership for the current and following year. This option gives families a one-time incentive to have their girls start Girl Scouts in the summer (perhaps registering for a camp) and then continue participation into the fall for a troop experience. The "Extended Year" option is available online from April 1 through July 1 each year and registers the new member for the remainder of the current membership year and all of the next membership year. 

This membership is only available to new adults and to new girls who are currently in grades K-12. This option is not available for renewing members, as their current membership already covers participation for the summer.


Membership Transfers

Are membership dues transferrable from one year to another or from one person to another?

Membership dues are non-transferrable and therefore cannot be transferred to another member or another membership year.

How is a membership transferred from one troop to another within GSCTX?

All troop transfer requests should be submitted by using the Troop Transfer Request Form.  This form will expedite transfers from one troop to another within Girl Scouts of Central Texas. Please fill out this form separately for each individual needing to be transferred.

You may use this Troop Transfer Request Form if:

  • You are one of the Troop Leaders receiving the Girl Scout member
  • You are the Service Unit Director or Registrar in charge of the troop receiving the Girl Scout member
  • You are a GSCTX staff member
  • You are a parent or guardian requesting a transfer of any family members to the Individually-Registered Girl (IRG) / Juliette troop in your service unit (IRG/Juliettes are members not affiliated with a troop, but are affiliated with a service unit, and complete Girl Scout activities with the guidance of their families)

Do not use this form if:

  • You are a parent/guardian requesting a transfer of any family members to a traditional troop, as we will still need to hear from your new troop leader to place your Girl Scout. Please have your new troop leader fill out this form.
  • You are a troop leader sending a girl or adult to another troop. We need to hear from the receiving troop leader, or alternatively, the SUD, SUR, or appropriate GSCTX staff member.
How can I make a request to transfer a membership from another Girl Scout council INTO GSCTX?

If you need to have memberships transferred from another Girl Scout Council and into GSCTX please contact your old council to initiate the transfer process.  When you contact your former council, you will need to tell them GSCTX is "Council 578”.  Please note that only currently registered members can be transferred into GSCTX.   

Your former council will need the following information for any member(s) transferring INTO GSCTX: Each member's full name (indicate Girl or Adult), date of birth, former home address including zip code, current home address and zip code, email address, and current phone number (optional). Transfers into GSCTX from another council can take up to 2 weeks.

If you need assistance from GSCTX with this process, please fill out the Contact Us form and include all demographic information listed above.  

How can I make a request to transfer a membership to another Girl Scout council FROM GSCTX?

If you need GSCTX membership(s) transferred to another Girl Scout Council, please use the Contact Us form to request this transfer. Please include each member's full name (indicate Girl or Adult), date of birth, current home address including zip code, new home address and zip code, email address.  Transfers from GSCTX from another council can take up to 1 week. Please note that at least one member of the Household must be currently registered in order to transfer a family’s Household to another council.


Criminal Background Checks

Do Girl Scouts run background checks on their volunteers?

Yes. Protecting the girls and young women in our care as well as the Girl Scout Movement is top priority, and screenings and checks are integral parts of our due diligence process and risk management policy. Background screening is the process of authenticating the information supplied by an applicant. At Girl Scouts, the screening of volunteers includes background checks, which are performed by Sterling Volunteers, an independent, third-party agency. For more information, please visit our Criminal Background Check page.

How does someone get a criminal background check completed?

Please visit our “CBC Quick Start” guide, which gives quick instructions on how to get a CBC completed – whether someone is a volunteer, an adult member without a volunteer role, or not a member at all. For more detailed information about the criminal background check process, the Criminal Background FAQ document is now available. It explains everything from who should get a CBC, to explaining how to get the CBC process started. If additional assistance is needed, please reach out to our Customer Care team.

What is covered in a criminal background check?

Background checks, conducted by Sterling Volunteers, consist of an Advanced Criminal History Record Locator Search, including any Government Watch List, and a 50 State Department of Justice Registered Sex Offender Search.

How often are criminal background checks required?

Background checks are required for volunteers every three years, with the exception of camp volunteers, who require a criminal background check annually.

How long does it take for a criminal background check to be approved?

Once an invitation to complete a background check is "answered" by a volunteer, our third party background check vendor generally takes an average of 3-5 business days to complete the background check report. In certain special circumstances, the process can take longer. Always allow yourself several weeks before a criminal background check is needed to get it completed.

I have more questions about CBCs - where can I get these answered?

Check out our Criminal Background Check Frequently Asked Questions document for more answers. If you still need assistance, contact GSCTX Customer Care.


Event Registration - Program Events, Volunteer Training, Camp

What are Program Events?

We offer a wide variety of program events, volunteer training, and camping experiences. All of these can be found on the Event Calendar. Our event registrations are currently managed through Doubleknot. This system is separate from MyGS (our Membership system) at this time and requires a separate logon. Starting in August 2021, we will be migrating to a new event registration system that in integrated with MyGS called gsEvents.

Your Doubleknot login can be the same as your MyGS login. It can be created during the registration process for any event if you do not already have one. 

What is gsEvents?

gsEvents is our new online registration system for all program events. You can register for events from either the Event Calendar or from "Find Events" once you log into MyGS. If you start from "Find Events," you can search for program events by your zip code. You can also used advanced search criteria such as focus area, dates, program grades, and languages to find program events that interest you.

What is Doubleknot?

Doubleknot is an online platform that we currently use to manage our event registrations, camp reservations, and camp programs. Doubleknot is NOT integrated with Volunteer Systems (My GS). It requires its own login, although this login can be the same as your My GS login.

If you already have a Doubleknot login, please use this same login to register for all program events and camps. 

If you do NOT already have a Doubleknot login, you can create one during the registration process. Doubleknot typically uses your email address as your user id. If you create the password to be the same as the one you use for My GS, it will be easy for you to remember your login.

After we migrate to gsEvents for event registration, we will continue to use Doubleknot to manage all reservation systems - including Weekend Camping, Scout Houses, some Service Centers, and the Mobile STEM Experience systems.

How do I use the Event List or Event Calendar to find events?

The Event List and the Event Calendar  have the most updated information on current program events and trainings (activities) available for registration.

With gsEvents, the Event Calendar still provides a calendar view of all activities available but now it is all GREEN and does not show color coding for Focus Areas. GSUSA is working on a fix for this. However, the Event List will have color coded thumbnail images so  you can know what focus area the event is related to.  We hope to have the Event Calendar updated to include colors again in the near future. In the meantime, you may find the Event List more usable.

The Event List allows you to SEARCH for events based on zip code, keyword, date, program level, and category. The more criteria you select, the more specific your Search Results will be.


  1. Select your Search Criteria and CLICK ON SEARCH
  2. When the Event List comes up below, navigate to the event you want and CLICK ON "REGISTER."
  3. Follow the screen directions to register


  1. CLICK ON THE EVENT NAME on the calendar
  2. When the short desciption pops up, CLICK ON THE EVENT NAME IN GREEN
  3. This takes you to the Registration Page. CLICK ON "REGISTER NOW"
  4. Follow the screen directions to register
What are the steps to register for an event/training using the Event List or Event Calendar?

There are now a few ways to register for an Event (post gsEvents migration):

Using the Event List or Event Calendar:


  1. Select your Search Criteria and CLICK ON SEARCH
  2. When the Event List comes up below, navigate to the event you want and CLICK ON "REGISTER."
  3. Follow the screen directions to register for the event
  1. CLICK ON THE EVENT NAME on the calendar
  2. When the short desciption pops up, CLICK ON THE EVENT NAME IN GREEN
  3. This takes you to the Registration Page. CLICK ON "REGISTER NOW"
  4. Follow the screen directions to register.
For registering from Event List OR Event Calendar:
  1. If the event you are registering for is in Doubleknot, you will be redirected to Doubleknot where you will need to login with your Doubleknot login to continue.
  2. If you already have a Doubleknot account, select LOGON. If you do not already have a Doubleknot account, select either CREATE NEW USER PROFILE and enter your profile information or CONTINUE to continues as a guest.
  3. Once in Doubleknot, if the event uses tiered pricing, you will be asked to select a price group. Members Tier 2 represents the cost to council to provide the program. Tier 1 is slightly higher and Tier 3 is slightly lower. Non-members may have a different price group.
  4. Enter the number of registrants in each category. Note that if 0 is the only option available, there are no more spaces left for that registrant type. Please keep checking back to see if spaces open up.
  5. Enter the personal information for each registrant. Note that if you have registered this person in the past, you can click "Add someone I've signed up before", select the registrant, and a majority of the information will auto-fill.
  6. Complete any additional forms that pertain to the event (if applicable).
  7. If this is the only event you would like to add, click CHECKOUT. If you would like to add additional events or activities to your cart, click KEEP SHOPPING.
  8.  You may be presented with additional offerings that may interest you. Select one or PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
  9.  Enter your credit card information and click MAKE PAYMENT.
  10. You will receive a confirmation receipt within a few minutes. This receipt may contain important information in the yellow highlighted section. If you do NOT receive a confirmation email, please Contact Us.
What are the steps to register for an event using "Find Events" in MyGS?
Why am I being redirected to another site to finish my registration?

During our migration to gsEvents, we will have some events on the Event Calendar or in "Find Events" that are still in Doubleknot. If you select one of these events, you will be presented with a screen that will direct you back to Doubleknot to complete your registration (shown below). You will be asked to login with your Doubleknot login once you get there to complete your registration.

gsEvents 3rd party pop up

How do I register my troop for an activity online?

You can register your troop in much the same way as you would register your child. When asked for the number of registrants, select the number of troop members you would like to register. You will need to fill in the contact information for each girl/adult individually but will be able to pay for all registrations together at checkout.

Note: Once you complete the contact information for a girl/adult for one event, you will be able to select "Add someone I've signed up before" the next time you register that girl/adult for an event or activity. This will auto-populate most of the fields.

How do a I cancel an event registration?

If you need to cancel your registration for an Activity, you must notify us at least TWO WEEKS PRIOR to the event in writing. 1) Send an email requesting a cancellation to Customer Care or complete/submit the Contact Us form. If you are sending an email put "ACTIVITY CANCELLATION/REFUND" in the subject line. 2) You will be issued a refund once the Registration/Reservation has been cancelled. We are unable to honor any requests for refunds for Registrations/Reservations made LESS than two weeks prior to the Activity date unless there is an emergency. All Event/Training Cancellations are subject to a $5.00 Cancellation Fee (unless otherwise stated in your confirmation receipt). All Summer Camp cancellations are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. 3) Once your refund has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email.

Can I use Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) to pay for an Activity?

Yes! Program Credits (formerly referred to as "Girl Scout Dough") can be used to pay for a girl's program events, summer camps, and even travel. Unfortunately, the Doubleknot registration system cannot accept Program Credits directly. There are two options to use Program Credits to pay for a program event:

  1. Register and pay for the event in Doubleknot. Then, complete the Program Credit Request Form and select receive reimbursement for a GSCTX Council Event. Once the form is processed, you will receive a reimbursement back to the method of payment used at the time of registration.
  2. Complete the Program Credit Request Form and select register for a GSCTX Council Event. Once council staff process your registration, using the Program Credits, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email from Doubleknot. If the balance due is greater than the amount of Program Credits available for the registrant, you will be contacted with instructions to pay the remaining balance.


What is gsLearn?

gsLearn is the official Girl Scouts online, on-demand training forum. Learners will be able to complete training when and where works best for them. By adopting the gsLearn platform, GSCTX and other Girl Scout councils will have access to nationally consistent training content and can also host our own training resources on the same site.

Where can I find gsLearn?

gsLearn can be found by logging into your My GS account, the same one you used to register yourself or others for Girl Scout membership. Once you've logged in and gone into "My Account," you can click "gsLearn" along the lefthand navigation bar.

Who has access to gsLearn?

Every registered adult member with a COMPLETED membership registration can access gsLearn. If your membership status is set to Payment Pending, Unresponsive, Ineligible, or Opted Out (chose to halt the membership process), you will not have access to gsLearn. If you do not renew your membership for the next Girl Scout membership year, you will lose access to gsLearn on October 1. Please be sure to renew your membership prior to October 1 each year to avoid disruption.

I am a registered adult for the 2020-2021 membership year and I still don't have access to gsLearn.

All registered Adult members whose membership status is not in Payment Pending, Unresponsive, Ineligible, or Opted Out (customer has expressed they no longer wish to continue in the membership process), should have access to gsLearn. If you are having trouble, please contact Customer Care.

What is Litmos?

Litmos is a cloud-based Learning Management platform that we are using for gsLearn. It’s the engine behind some of the most sophisticated training programs in the world with the capacity to scale to millions of users, a next-gen feature set, and an interface best known for streamlined simplicity and incredible ease-of-use.

What is the "Walk Me" feature?

"Walk Me" is the new guided first year troop leader experience. When a volunteer first logs into My GS, the Walk Me feature will virtually "show" them around the features of My GS and introduce them to gsLearn.

Why do I not see anything in the Content Library when I log into gsLearn?

We have done our best to create gsLearn accounts for all of our Troop Leaders and Service Unit volunteers prior to our launch. If you have registered for membership after May, chances are you are not yet in the system. When you first log into gsLearn, an account will be automatically be created for you. Please wait approximately 30 minutes and then try again. You should be able to see our "Welcome to gsLearn" course on your Learner Dashboard. Please take this course prior to any other courses. All the other available Courses and Learning Paths should now be in the Content Library. If, after 30 minutes, you still need assistance, please contact Customer Care.

Is gsLearn Mobile Friendly?

gsLearn is mobile responsive, which means it will resize the screen and adjust the experience a little bit so it can work on your phone or tablet.

I am taking the training on my tablet or on a smaller screen and I can't see the entire screen at once, what do I do?

 If you're unable to see a training in it's entirety on your screen, you'll want to "zoom out" your view temporarily. On Google Chrome, hold down the Ctrl Shift and "-" (minus) key to zoom out until you can see the whole screen. When you're done with training, hold down Ctrl Shift and "+" keys to zoom back to 100%.

How do I know what courses are required for me?

We have built a Learning Path specifically for for New Troop Leaders called "578 New Troop Leader Training." Experienced troop and Service Unit volunteers will find many new courses developed by GSUSA as well as new versions of courses they may have already taken. Feel free to check them out! Everything can be found in the Content Library. If you are unsure which courses you need to take for your role, you should contact your membership staff and they can assist you.

Can I take any courses I want?

Yes, you may take any course you want in gsLearn. You might want to explore courses meant for other volunteer roles that might interest you. However, if you require specific training for your role, you should be able to find a Learning Path or courses required for the role. We will be adding new courses all the time, so be sure to check both the Courses and Learning Paths in the Content Library regularly.

What is the Content Library?

The Content Library is where you can find all the Courses and Learning Paths that have been created. If you are looking for a Learning Path, simply select "Content Library" on the left.  All our content will display, with Learning Paths at the top, followed by Courses. You can scroll through the list or use the search criteria on the left if you are looking for something specific.

Once you find what you want to take, select the Learning Path or Course you desire and it will be added to your Learner Dashboard. If you are interested in individual courses, select "Courses" in the Content Library. Many of the individual courses included in the Learning Paths can also be found in "Courses." 

What is the difference between a Course, Module, and Learning Path?

In gsLearn, Courses are comprised of Modules, which are smaller units of learning, sort of like a chapter in a book. The course is the book and the modules are the chapters! A Learning Path is a collection of Courses that has been curated and assembled specifically for a certain volunteer roles, like new troop leader or service unit volunteer.

What happens if I need to stop in the middle of a module?

If you need to EXIT a module before you are complete, that is fine! This is one of the best things about gsLearn. All you need to do is:

1. Click EXIT in the upper right corner. This will take you back to the course. You can Click on HOME to go back to your Dashboard and LOG OUT.

When you are ready to start up again:

2. Log back into My GS and go to gsLearn

3. Select the Course from your Dashboard. It will open displaying all your modules, completed and incomplete.

4. Select "Continue this Course." The module you were working on will start where you left off.

If you were working in a Learning Path, you can Select "Continue the Learning Path" and it will contine with the module in the course you were working on. 

The completion percentage will display on the right. For a standalone course, the completion percentage will show 100% when you have completed the course. However, when working in a Learning Path, the individual courses will have their own completion percentages but the Learning Path will only show 100% Complete when all the courses in the Learning Path have been completed.

What is the TOC button for?

While you are taking a course, you may notice a TOC button in the playbar at the bottom of the screen. TOC stands for "Table of Contents." If you click on it, you will see all the slides in the module. Each one you have completed will be marked with a check. If you feel the need to go back a few slides to listen to something again, use the TOC button and select that slide. It will automatically start to play.

If you need to refresh you memory for a course you have taken in the past, you can go back to it, find the module you need, and click on it. Then select "Review Content", click on TOC at the bottom, and select the section you want to review.

What happens after I complete a course?

Once you have completed a course a few things will happen. First, you will receive an email confirmation of the completion from gsLearn. You will also earn an Achievement for this completion. Your Achievements can be displayed if you select "Achievement" in the left pane. gsLearn will keep track of your training history.

Additionally, gsLearn will send your course completion notification in a Case to our Customer Care department. They will attach that case to your customer record, thus making it an additional record of your training history. This will make it easier for Customer Care to verify any training requirements for Troop Travel Applications.

What if I would like to take a completed course or module over again?

If you would like to take a Completed course or module in a course over again as a refresher, you can find the completed course in your "Completed" section.

Your first step will be to CLICK ON THE COURSE. Then you will have TWO choices. You can either:

A. START OVER: You can Click on the first module and Select "Start Over." This will allow you to take the module over again completely.  If you had any assessments that were scored, your score will be reset. You can start each module over if you need to.  OR

B. REVIEW CONTENT: if you only want to review certain parts of the module:

  1. Click on the module and then Click on "Review Content"
  2. Click on the "TOC" button in the playbar at the bottom when the first slide displays. (TOC stands for Table of Contents.) When you select TOC, the Table of Contents displays and you can see all of the training sections and training time lengths for the particular training module. 
  3. SELECT WHICH PART OF THE MODULE YOU WANT TO REVIEW. It will start automatically for you.

Note: At any time during a module, if you want to go back to a previous slide, you can use the |< button in the playbar OR you can use the TOC button and select exactly what section you want if it was several slides away. Your module will resume from that slide.

Where can I find more information about CPR/First Aid requirements?

You can find more information about CPR/First Aid on the Volunteer Training page.

Can I take CPR in gsLearn?

Not at this time, but you may be able to take part of the training in a future enhancement. The CPR/First Aid course listed in the New Leader Training Path is a placeholder containing information and resources about CPR and First Aid classes, and serves as a reminder for new leaders to take care of this training requirement.

Why are there numbers before the courses?

The 3 digit number ("578") before many gsLearn course names or training paths is our Girl Scouts of Central Texas Council Code. This helps GSUSA keep track of the owner/creator of each course that has been added to the system.

What happened to some of the training courses like GS101 and Leadership Essentials?

Moving to gsLearn for online trainings allowed GSCTX to align with more national (GSUSA) training content. Additionally, some training information was consolidated. The following training courses are being retired:

Original Training now Retired Current Course covering these Topics Rationale
GS101 GSCTX Orientation, GSUSA Successful Leader Learning Series in gsLearn Out of date course from GSUSA; newer courses cover this content
Let's Go! 1: Recertification Let's Go! 1 in gsLearn Having a recertification course is no longer necessary now that the new Let's Go! 1 course is significantly shorter and can be easily retaken every three years or when updates are available
Leadership Essentials GSUSA Successful Leader Learning Series in gsLearn GSUSA has more up-to-date and standardized material; GSUSA will be continuing to expand training to include more relevant topics for leaders

To get the complete mapping of old courses vs. new training courses, visit our GSCTX Training Descriptions Guide.

How does gsLearn correlate to my previous trainings?

gsLearn will include some courses you have already taken, like GSCTX Orientation or Let's Go! 1 - Out and About. However we have added some new courses from GSUSA that will replace some of our previous trainings. There are (4) Foundation courses that replace the Leadership Essentials trainings. In the upcoming months, we will be adding more specific Program Level trainings for Daisy and Brownie. We will also be adding other courses such as "STEM Experience" and "Mental Health Training."

To understand courses old vs. new training courses, visit our GSCTX Training Descriptions Guide.

Can my previous courses be added to gsLearn?

Yes, if you have a MY21 membership registration, your previous training history in Personify/eBiz will be uploaded into gsLearn by October 1, 2020. We will be importing Let's Go! 1, Let's Go! 2, Let's Go! 3, Let's Go! The Extra Mile, and CPR/First Aid courses. For the Let's Go! certifications, we will be uploading training history from 2018 until 9/1/20. For CPR and First Aid, we will be uploading any that have not yet expired. All other training records will not be imported from Personify/eBiz into gsLearn. If you have questions about training records, please reach out to Customer Care.

Can girls access gsLearn?

Girl Scout councils may provide access via a direct log-in link to a Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador for older girl training. Council can only provide access if the Girl Scout is a current Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador, is at least thirteen (13) years old, and if the Girl Scout resides outside the United States, is at least sixteen (16) years old.

GSCTX does not have any trainings currently available for girl members. However, we are considering future training opportunities for girls on gsLearn (e.g. Cookie Captain training). Stay tuned!

What are Achievements?

In gsLearn, Achievements are a record of course completions. You even get a virtual trophy! From the Achievements selection in the left pane on your Home screen, you can display all your course completions and download a copy of your Certificate of Completion if so desired. 

Do I need to keep a copy of my certificates?

gsLearn will keep your course completion certificates in your account online. You CAN download and print the certificate if you want, to but you are not required to do so.

How do I add/upload other certifications?

gsLearn allows a Learner to upload their own certifications, such as CPR Certification. At this time, GSCTX will not be utilizing this feature. We will supply guidelines as to how to upload these documents at a later date. 

When do I have to re-take a course?

If your CPR/First Aid is expired (varies by provider, generally two years) or Let's Go! 1 training is older than (3) years, you must take these courses over again. Let's Go! 1 Recertification will no longer be offered.

Will training records be stored on Personify/eBiz any longer? Where will in-person training event records and non-gsLearn online records go?

Relevant training records (see other gsLearn FAQ for details) will be moved from Personify/eBiz to gsLearn by October 1, 2020. After this time, gsLearn will become the "system of record" for all training records. On October 1, all other older training records will be downloaded from Personify/eBiz and archived. All scheduled training reports emailed from Personify/eBiz will be turned off after October 1.

Any new in-person training event registrations in Personify/eBiz (or through any other registration platform, such as Doubleknot) after October 1 will be manually transferred to gsLearn, as needed. gsLearn will eventually become the one place to go for ALL adult volunteer training records.

Likewise, any online trainings that have not been moved to the gsLearn platform yet (e.g. Let's Go! Extra Mile) will have any training completions after October 1 manually entered into gsLearn.

Please allow up to 4 weeks for any training records to be manually entered by GSCTX staff.

I'm a Service Unit Director - how do I view the gsLearn training records for volunteers in my service unit?

Historical training records that go out periodically from Personify/eBiz will continue to be sent out like normal to Service Unit Directors. 

Once all relevant records are moved to gsLearn by October 1, the training report for Personify/eBiz will be halted.

We are working with GSUSA on a way to provide a reporting mechanism for gsLearn records to service units. Until then, if you need assistance regarding a training record in gsLearn for a particular member of your service unit, please reach out to Customer Care.

What if I am transferring between councils? Will my learning history go with me?

If you have moved from one council to another, please contact Customer Care. We will need to create a case with GSUSA for you and they will transfer your learning history. Learner history in gsLearn stays with the Learner.

Council-specific courses vary from one Girl Scout council to another. Learners will want to take council-specific training courses that apply to their volunteer roles when transferring memberships from one council to another.

What trainings from other councils are accepted by our council? What GSCTX trainings are accepted by other councils?

GSCTX will accept any of the courses from other councils created by GSUSA such as the Foundation Courses, Service Unit Core Trainings, Recruitment series, etc. For Outdoor training, we will not accept Outdoor training courses from other councils. You must take the GSCTX Let's Go! series of courses to participate in activities outside of regular troop meetings, including day trips, overnights, and camping. If you are new to our council, we definitely recommend you take at least the GSCTX Orientation course.

The same criteria above would be true for the transfer of GSCTX courses going to another council. GSUSA courses will always transfer. Council created courses will vary from council to council. Each Girl Scout council will have their own guidelines concerning trainings they will accept from other councils.

What if I find an error in a training?

While we strive for the best, if you notice an error, please contact Customer Care so we can fix that as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

I have ideas for additional trainings! Who do I tell?

We would love to hear your suggestions! We are always looking to improve your training experience if we can. Please contact Customer Care with your ideas and they will forward them on to the appropriate staff.


Troop Support - Registration

How do I register or renew my troop members?

To register a new member to your troop: Log into "My GS" and go to your troop roster. Scroll to the bottom of the roster and click on "Register a new Troop Member." Follow the prompts.

To renew: Log into "My GS", go to "My Account", and then "My Troop(s)". Under Member Details, check the boxes on the left of each person you wish to renew. Alternately, if all girls and adults are renewing, check "Select All" at the top of the Girl and Adult rosters. If you are unsure if someone is planning to return, leave the check box blank. If you know that someone is definitely not planning to return, you can check "Not returning" next to their name. Scroll to the top of the Member Details section and click on the green "Renew" button to continue to the payment screen.

If I start the renewal process but don't finish it, can I go back later?

Yes! When you log back into your account, you should receive a prompt asking if you would like to continue or start over.

What does the Status column mean on my troop's roster?

The Status column will tell you if a membership is current or not.

  • Current means the membership is active for the year shown.
  • Time to Renew means the member does not have a membership for that year.
  • In Progress may mean that the parent started the membership process but did not finish it. For adults that have selected a volunteer role, it can also mean that their background check is being processed.
  • Payment Pending means the member has not completed the payment
  • Inactive means that the member is no longer active or no longer active in your troop.
What if a girl is not returning, or is unsure if she will return to the troop next year?

If a girl/adult is joining a different troop, you can choose to renew her membership and then have the receiving leader submit a Troop Updates and Transfers Form. If you choose not to renew her membership, leave the check box next to her name blank when you renew your other troop members.

If you are unsure if a members is planning to return, leave the check box next to her name blank when you renew your other troop members.

If you know that a girl/adult is definitely not continuing as a Girl Scout, you can check the "Not returning" box next to her name. Note: Once "Not returning" has been checked, the member will not be able to renew online until they contact council to reset the renew option. The "Not returning" checkbox should only be selected if the member is not planning to return at all.

What if a member did not participate in the current year, but would like to participate next year?

If they did not participate for the year, they can request assistance from Customer Care.

What happens after I renew the troop?

You will receive an itemized email receipt. The parent of each girl will also receive renewal notification email(s), and the email will also ask the parent to update contact information if needed.

How can I help inspire others to renew or join Girl Scouts?

At the end of the renewal process, there will be an option to share on social media that you have renewed. Please help us spread the word by using this new feature!

Can I renew a 12th grade graduating girl as an Adult or purchase a lifetime membership for her?

A current adult member may choose to upgrade to a Lifetime Membership at any time through their membership portal, My GS, including during membership renewal time periods. 

Young women ages 18-29 may now also purchase their Young Alumnae Lifetime Membership online through their membership portal, My GS

Alternately, you can contact Customer Care for assistance with this type of purchase. 

How does a new girl register for my troop or how can I register a new girl?

If a friend wants to join a specific troop, ask her parent/caregiver to visit and click “ Join ” on the home page. As long as the troop vacancies are available, new members will find troops in the Participation Catalog. To make it easy for someone to find a specific troop in the Participation Catalog, make sure they have the five-digit troop number (ex. Troop 12345 or Troop 00012). The system will then walk her parent through the steps to becoming a member. 

Alternatively, the Troop Leader can log into their My GS account, click on My troop(s) in the left navigatin bar, choose the troop, click on the link on bottom of the troop roster "Invite Friends to join your troop,"  fill out the form with email addresses, and submit the request.  A direct link to the troop registration page will be sent.  The troop URL link can also found in the Troop Catalog.  After searching for the Troop, you can find the URL icon above the troop number on the Troop tile. Clicking the icon will copy the URL to the clipboard so it can be shared by email or text message.

One of the parents volunteered to help with my troop! How can I add his or her volunteer role?

If the parent is already a registered member and in your roster, you can now add a volunteer role for them. Click on the "Edit Details" link to the right of the volunteer's name. Scroll down and you will see the volunteers current role(s) in the troop, click on "Add a new role". You will then be taken to a list of volunteer roles within your troop. Select the appropriate volunteer role by marking the tick box on the left. Click Next. You will then see the updated participation on the Troops tab.

After the new volunteer role is added, the system will automatically check to see if there is an eligible, unexpired Criminal Background Check (CBC) on file for that volunteer. If not, the system will automatically authorize Sterling Volunteers (GSCTX's third-party CBC vendor) to send the volunteer an email invitation to complete a CBC. The invitation will be sent to the email address the volunteer uses for Girl Scouts.

How do I get more adults to join the troop as a volunteer?

Because a parent/caregiver will select a troop whose meeting date and time fits their schedules, our hope is that they will be more likely to choose a volunteer role in the troop from opportunities on display in the Participation Catalog. Volunteers do not necessarily need to be the parents of the girl members in the troop; however, all adult volunteers need to pass the background screening process. If parents don’t voluntarily select a role for themselves when they register their girl online, and the troop needs leadership, Service Unit Registrars, Service Unit Directors, or GSCTX staff will contact them directly to offer them volunteer opportunities.

Should parents register as members?

Parents do not need to register for membership. However, if you register for a members only event, or if you directly participate in your daughter's troop, you will need to register. If you need to renew your membership, go to "My GS". If you are registering as a new member, visit our Volunteer Page for more information on ways you can be involved..

What happens if girls don't renew by September 30th?

Members are encouraged to renew early – renewal on Volunteer Systems is easy! If members do not renew by September 30, their spots will open up and will be shown as openings in the Participation Catalog beginning October 1. Please consider renewing all girls – even those who are undecided. Often times, girls will return to the troop after a busy fall season of extracurricular activities. Girls who wait to renew between October 1 and March 1 may renew to their current troop if there are openings.

What should I do if someone says they registered for my troop, but she's not listed on my troop roster?

If a parent insists that a girl is registered and is not listed on your troop roster, they may have been registered to a former troop or to another troop in your community. Contact Customer Care and they will look up the girl in the GSCTX database to see if the girl is registered. If she is not registered to the right troop, they will ensure that the girl is put into the correct troop.

How do I request a transfer from one troop to another?

All troop transfer requests should be submitted by using the Troop Transfer Request Form. This form will expedite transfers from one troop to another within Girl Scouts of Central Texas. Please fill out this form separately for each individual needing to be transferred.

You may use this Troop Transfer Request Form if:

  • You are one of the Troop Leaders receiving the Girl Scout member
  • You are the Service Unit Director or Registrar in charge of the troop receiving the Girl Scout member
  • You are a GSCTX staff member
  • You are a parent or guardian requesting a transfer of any family members to the Individually-Registered Girl (IRG)/Juliette troop in your service unit (IRG/Juliettes are members not affiliated with a troop, but are affiliated with a service unit, and complete Girl Scout activities with the guidance of their families)

Do not use this form if:

  • You are a parent/guardian requesting a transfer of any family members to a traditional troop, as we will still need to hear from your new troop leader to place your Girl Scout. Please have your new troop leader fill out this form.
  • You are a troop leader sending a girl or adult to another troop. We need to hear from the receiving troop leader, or alternatively, the SUD, SUR, or appropriate GSCTX staff member.
Have any of your members moved to a new address?

You can update basic contact information and the school attended for your troop members through the My Troop(s) tab on your My GS account. Just click on the "Edit Details" link to the right of each member's name.


Troop Support - Participation Catalog

How does the Participation Catalog work and what information is listed?

The listing includes the meeting time, meeting location, troop size, the troop number, and age/grade level. Troop meetings held at public locations, such as a school or church, are listed with the exact address. However, when troop meetings are held at a private location such as a private residence, neighborhood, landmark, or nearby major intersections are given to obscure the exact meeting location.

How can I view open troops in the Participation Catalog?

To view the Participation Catalog, visit the Registration Landing Page. To see troop openings, select "Find Troops". To see volunteer openings, select "Volunteer".

Does the Participation Catalog show multi-age troops?

Yes. A troop listing can accommodate multiple age/grade levels.

What is the minimum and/or recommended troop size?

The minimum troop size is 5 girls. Exceptions are made for continuing older girl troops, but they will remain open in the Participation Catalog and accepting of new girls until the minimum is reached. Troops cannot opt-out of the Participation Catalog until they have a minimum of 5 girls. We recommend 12 girls per troop to provide a diverse, interactive experience for the girls. If you have room for more girls, or you have volunteer roles that need to be filled, please fill out the Troop Update Form so that your vacancies will display in the Participation Catalog. Troop size can be changed by submitting a Troop Update Form.

How do I update the Participation Catalog information for my troop?

A troop leader can update some information that appears in the Participation Catalog themselves. When you're logged in to My GS, click on "My Troop(s)" in the left navigation, select the correct troop, and click "Edit meeting details". Please update all of the information. The following information updates as soon as you hit the green SAVE button: meeting location, meeting day, frequency, start and end time.

To update other information including program level, grade, desired number of girls in the troop, affiliation, and open volunteer roles, you will need to submit a Troop Update form.

If I have an opening mid-year in my troop, how do I share the vacancy using the Participation Catalog?

The Participation Catalog is updated in real time, so please let us know whenever you have changes to your meeting location or troop availability by completing the Troop Update Form. All troop leaders will be asked to submit any changes by April 15 of each membership year in order for all inputs to be incorporated by our Early Bird launch, which is typically at the end of April. Put troop vacancies on display in the Participation Catalog by completing the Troop Update Form. For example, if the desired number of girls is 12 but there are only 10 girls in the troop, two vacancies may be displayed in the Participation Catalog until those spots are filled. Once Early Bird registration starts, spots for all existing girls and troop volunteers for the next membership year will be reserved up until September 30th.

What if I don't know the new girl who joined my troop?

This is perhaps the best part of being a Girl Scout – making new friends! Since the system is searchable by zip code, we expect that most parents will enroll their daughter in the area where they live or near the school she attends. When a new girl joins a troop, the leader will get an email notification. The automated email will prompt the leader to reach out and welcome the new Girl Scout to the troop. This connection is really important because it serves as a warm welcome and it’s an opportunity to share important next steps, including troop meeting dates, times, and location.

Can my troop opt-out of the Participation Catalog?

Yes. Troop leaders can specify if their troop is closed and will not accept additional girl members (must have a minimum of 5 girls). Troops that are full will not show up on the Participation Catalog.

Can I close enrollment to my troop?

As long as there are 2 unrelated adults as the troop leaders and a minimum of 5 girls, a troop leader can decide when to close their troop enrollment.

How do I find Service Unit volunteer positions in the Participation Catalog?

Select Service Unit (SU) leadership positions are listed in the Participation Catalog by zip code – SU Event Coordinator, SU Troop/School Organizer, SU Team Member, etc.  SU Treasurer, SU Registrar, SU Cookie Manager, SU Fall Products Manager, and SU Scout House Manager are appointed by the SU Director. The SU Director is appointed by GSCTX Membership staff. All appointed SU positions are not listed in the Participation Catalog.

How does a new troop leader request a particular Troop Number?

All troop numbers that are not otherwise reserved or already being used are available for assignment. This includes one-, two-, three-, four- and five-digit troop numbers. New troop leaders can request up to three possible troop number when filling out the Troop Update Form. GSCTX staff will do their best to accommodate the request by activating a desired troop number in the membership database.

What if a Service Unit wants to reserve troop numbers with special meaning?

GSCTX knows that there are some troop numbers that have special meaning or significance for some service units. Service units now have the option of reserving up to four "Legacy Troop Numbers, " depending on the size of the service unit.

Service units can update their chosen Legacy Troop Numbers yearly between March 1 and August 1. 

On 9/30 of the previous membership year, if a service unit had:

  • Less than 100 girls: may reserve 1 troop number
  • Between 101-300 girls: may reserve 2 troop numbers
  • Between 301-450 girls: may reserve 3 troop numbers
  • More than 451 girls: may reserve 4 troop numbers

The Legacy Troop Numbers will be maintained by GSCTX staff and can be activated as an active troop number for a new troop at the request of the SUD and/or SUR.

When reserving Legacy Troop Numbers:

  • If a number is not already reserved or in-use, it will be marked as reserved for that service unit.
  • If a number is already reserved or in-use, then GSCTX staff will work with the service unit to select a new number. 

Please note that a troop number will still be required to go on rest for a minimum of one membership year before it can be assigned to another new troop. 

To request a legacy troop number, A SUD or SUR may use the Contact Us form between March 1 and August 1 of any given membership year, with the subject "Legacy Number Request."


Troop Support - Troop Organization

What are the steps to starting a troop?

To get started and connect with a membership staff person from your area, select "Create a Troop" from the Registration Landing Page or reach out to Customer Care.

In order to start a troop, leaders must:

  1. Be a registered member of Girl Scouts.
  2. Complete an online background check.
  3. Complete online Training.
  4. Secure a second leader.
  5. Request a troop number.
  6. Open a bank account.
  7. Decide when & where to meet.
  8. Recruit new girls.
  9. Hold meetings & have fun!

For more information, check out our Leader Guide!

What is the minimum number of people required for a troop? Is there a limit?

A troop must consist of a minimum of five girls from more than one family and two unrelated adults as the leaders. Troops may have an unlimited number of girls registered as long as there are enough adults, including parent volunteers, to meet the required ratios.

Can I have a multi-level troop or do I need individual troop numbers for each grade level?

Troops or groups can have multiple grade levels, but girls must participate in activities that are appropriate for their level of Girl Scouting. For example, Brownies in your group need to work on Brownie badges and Journeys while Daisies work on Daisy petals and Journeys. The appropriate girl to adult ratio needs to be met for the grade level of girls in the troop.

What are the requirements for becoming a troop leader?

All potential troop volunteers are required to register as an adult member of GSCTX, have an approved background check on file with GSCTX, complete the Leader Training Plan, have no debt owed to GSCTX or troops, and support GSCTX and GSUSA policies and procedures. A leader is appointed for one year at a time but can be reappointed annually.

Two leaders are required for a troop. A troop may have as many leaders as desired, but they must all have completed the same requirements. To maintain an acceptable girl-to-adult ratio, troops may also have adult members who are not required to have completed the same training as the leader, but must be registered Girl Scouts and have a cleared background check on file.

Can relatives be troop leaders? Can men be troop leaders?

Relatives may serve as leaders. Many families work together to help support a girl's leadership experience. However, the troop will require that two (2) unrelated adults are leaders, and at least one must be female.

Men may serve as troop leaders and/or volunteers, but an unrelated female volunteer must be present at all times.


How are troop leaders informed of service unit meetings?

The Service Unit Director or Membership Development Executive will communicate service unit meeting dates and time to troop leaders via email or phone calls.

I am resigning from my leader position and do not have a new leader recruited, what should I do?

Resigning troop/group leaders should contact all the parents to inform them of the disbanding troop/group and to identify opportunities to place the girls in the IRG/Juliette network so girls can remain active in Girl Scouts. If this is a situation where the troop/group leader simply wants to resign, they should ask if any other parents or adults are interested in taking over as the leader.

Membership staff should be informed of the troop/group leader’s decision to resign. If a replacement troop/group leader cannot be identified and there are girls still interested in troop/group participation, their name(s) and contact information should be shared with membership staff who will then work with the service unit leadership to place the girls in new troops/groups.

The retiring troop/group leader should transfer all supplies, financial records, debit card, check book, bank account information and materials to the new leader or service unit leadership. The retiring troop/group leader will need to submit a Bank Account Request form to authorize the new leader as a signer of the troop/group account. Be aware that individual bank policies may vary. Please contact Customer Care and ask to work with the Finance department to change the signer’s name.


Troop Support - Meetings

When can a new troop start holding meetings in the Fall?

Up to 13 months of insurance coverage is provided for new Members registered in the month of September. For a new registrant who has met the requirements for membership, including payment of membership dues, insurance coverage becomes effective the date the Troop Leader receives the appropriate registration paperwork. New Members and late re-registrants joining the troop after the troop registration has been sent will be covered effective the date the Troop Leader receives their registration and membership dues.

Can Girl Scout troops meet year-round?

Girl Scouting is a year-round program, and troops are encouraged to continue meeting over the summer months. Many troops choose to take a break over the summer due to family vacations, schools not being available for meetings, etc., while other troops continue to meet. The decision to meet in the summer months is based on the availability of the leaders, girls, and space.

How long are troop meetings?

The length of a troop meeting depends on a number of factors including the age of the girls, availability of volunteers, and meeting space. An average troop meeting is 1.5 hours.

What activities do troop meetings typically include?

A typical troop meeting includes: Start-up (10 min), Opening (5-10min), Business (5-15min), Activities (30-45min), Clean-up (5-10 min), Closing (5-10min). Girls usually enjoy following this process because the girls know what is next and don’t have to ask every time what they will be doing during each meeting.

Where can we hold our troop meetings?

Troop meetings may be held at any location that provides a safe, clean, and secure environment that allows for the participation of all girls. A meeting place should be free, large enough to accommodate the whole group, available for your meeting dates/times, safe and clean, have toilets, allergen free, and accessible to girls with disabilities. You might consider choosing meeting rooms at schools, libraries, houses of worship, community buildings, childcare facilities, and local businesses. For teens, you can also rotate meetings at coffee shops, bookstores, and other places where girls enjoy spending time.

How many volunteers must be present at every meeting/event?

An acceptable girl-to-adult ratio must be present at all troop activities. The ratio varies by Girl Scout level (girl-to-adult ratio table may be found in Volunteer Essentials). At least two adult volunteers must be present at all times when working with girls, and at least one of those volunteers must be female and not related to the other adult volunteer. Only in times of emergency can a girl be left with one volunteer.

I have a girl who is behaving inappropriately or bullying during troop meetings. How should I handle this?

Please refer to Volunteer Essentials: Engaging Girls & Families. You may specifically refer to the sections on “Creating a Safe Space for Girls”, "Communicating Effectively with Girls of Any Age", and “When Sensitive Topics Come Up”. If you feel you need more support, please reach out to your Service Unit Director or membership staff. 


Troop Support - Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)

What is the Volunteer Toolkit?

The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a great online tool designed for all program levels to support troop leaders in planning and delivering a troop meeting to girls, which can help you lead in less time and make it easier to delegate to other parents. Depending on what you choose to do, it supplies plans, lists of materials needed, and even helps you schedule meetings and communicate with other parents. It also makes it easy to check the calendar and schedule your troop for events. For adults who do not feel they have time to be troop leaders, we have found that getting all the girls' parents and caregivers involved in running the troop can make the leadership easier for everyone. Also, check the GSCTX calendar and take advantage of the various events we offer to troops. You do not have to provide all the troop activities yourself.

For more information on the Volunteer Toolkit, visit

Are multi-level troops supported by VTK?

Volunteer Toolkit is now multi-Level Troop friendly:

Troops that are listed as multi-level can now access Volunteer Toolkit and all the badges/year plans available! Here are some screenshots showing how this works:

How do I access the Get Outdoors options in VTK?

Girls Get Outside:

GSUSA added a new banner in VTK that promotes the Get Girls Outside! Release.

To make it easy to Get Girls Outside! Some meetings now give you Outdoor activity options. These activities maximize the use of an outdoor space using the same themes as the indoor activity. You’ll know it’s an Outdoor activity if it has a little tree.

10 badges now include outdoor options:

  • 2 Daisy Petals
  • Lupe
  • Clover
  • 4 Brownie Badges
  • First Aid
  • Making Games
  • Snacks
  • Senses
  • 4 Junior Badges
  • First Aid
  • Simple Meals
  • Staying Fit
  • Detective

All outdoor materials and activity details are included in the meeting plan writeup. You choose whether outdoors is right for your troop and that activity. If it looks like rain on your meeting day, simply change your selection to indoors.

Clicking on the Agenda Item with a tree symbol allows the Troop Leader to select the inside or outside option for that activity. This screenshot demonstrates the "toggle" buttons between "Inside" and "Get Girls Outside" for the Breaking the Code activity.


Troop Support - Girl Scout Leadership Experience (Programs)

What will a girl do as a Girl Scout?

After joining Girl Scouts, a girl can participate in any of the council's activities and events which are age appropriate. The Girl Scout leadership Journey programs and the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting are the heart of the Girl Scout program. They help girls learn Girl Scout traditions, earn recognitions, and have inspiring adventures that change their lives and make the world a better place. The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting contains a handbook and  instructions to earn badges. The Journeys help girls learn about themselves and the world around them and how to take action to make the world a better place. A girl can experience these programs as an individual in our Juliette Network, or in a troop of girls who decide as a group what activities to engage in.

For more information on Badges and Journeys, please visit the Badges and Journeys section of our website.

For council-led activities and events, please visit our Event Calendar.

Can you answer my questions about the New Program content from GSUSA?

New Program Content is constantly being created! To learn more about the new badges and journeys, and to find answers to other questions you may have, check out the Badges and Journeys Page.

How can I help the girls feel more a part of Girl Scouts and the troop?

Girl Scout has a rich history, wonderful traditions, and inspiring stories for you to share with the girls to help them feel more a part of Girl Scouts and the troop. These traditions include: the Girl Scout Sign, Girl Scout Promise, Girl Scout Law, Juliette Gordon Low, Girl Scout Birthday, Brownie Elf Story, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), Girl Scout Handshake, Friendship Circle, and songs such as "Make New Friends", the "Brownie Smile" song, and "Taps".

What does "girl-led" mean?

Girl-led means that girls of every grade level take an active role in determining what, where, when, why, and how they will structure activities, though leaders and adult members may provide guidance appropriate to the age of the girls. Girl-led processes encourage girls to bring their ideas and imaginations into the experiences, make choices, and lead the way as much as they can.

What is a Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting?

The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting is a handbook for girls detailing Girl Scout history and traditions, a chart of all earnable awards, and a chart of badges available at each Girl Scout level, as well as badge requirements at the appropriate level for several badges. 

When planning activities, what should be considered?

Please refer to Volunteer Essentials in the chapter on Safety. It includes information on how to plan activities within a troop meeting and travel activities outside of a troop meeting. When planning activities, please consider the abilities of each girl and the progression of skills from the easiest part to the most difficult.

What is a Journey series?

A Journey series is a 4-8 week (though they can be condensed into weekend or week-long activities) series. For more information, check out our Badges and Journey page.

How can I deliver a quality Girl Scout Leadership Experience?

More information can be found in Volunteer Essentials on the Girl Scout Experience page.

What can leaders do to help the girls begin their Journey for the year?

Leaders can start off their chosen journey by facilitating a discussion or debate on the Journey's theme and what it means to the girls. Probe to find out what they are most interested in accomplishing during their time together, and then help them connect those interests to their Journey.

What is the difference between "service" and "take action"?

When girls do service, they help to fulfill an immediate need. This service is a necessary response to a basic need, such as food, clothing, shelter, and care. Examples of community service projects are collecting food for a local pantry or collecting clothing for a local homeless shelter.

When girls take action, they team up with others in an effort to solve a problem and create long-lasting change. When girls take action, they seek to understand the cause of the problem and decide upon the scale and scope of their project, based on a realistic assessment of their resources. They also enlist others from the community to get involved. Examples of Take Action projects include fixing up an animal shelter or creating a center where children who need tutoring can always get it.

In other words, service makes the world better for some people “right now.” Taking action makes the world better for more people for a much longer time.

Can my daughter work on badges, journeys, and awards without her troop?

Yes, a girl may independently work on badges, journeys, and awards without her troop or while being an Independently Registered Girl (IRG). If your daughter is in a traditional troop and works on these projects without her troop, the Troop Leader will still need to sign off on her work done. 

What are SWAPS?

SWAPS are “Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere”. They are small handcrafted keepsakes designed to exchange with other Girl Scout members. SWAPS are the perfect way for Girl Scouts to meet each other and promote friendship which is why they are great for community events, camp, etc. Each one is a memory of a special event or Girl Scout Sister!

What are Bridging Ceremonies?

Bridging ceremonies are events during which girls move from one program level to the next (for example: Daisies to Brownies, Juniors to Cadettes, etc.).

What are Destinations?

Destinations are regional, national or international travel activities/events for Girl Scouts. For national events, girls and/or adults apply to, and are selected by, the sponsoring council. For international events, girls and/or adults apply to, and are selected by, GSUSA.

What is Volunteer Essentials?

Volunteer Essentials is a resource for volunteers which details the policies and procedures of Girl Scouts of Central Texas (GSCTX) and Girl Scouts of the United States of America (GSUSA). Every leader should have access to a copy of Volunteer Essentials.


Troop Support - Safety and Insurance

Where can I find the safety guidelines for a troop?

Please refer to Volunteer Essentials in the chapter on Safety 

For guidelines related to outdoor activities, please refer to the Safety Activity Checkpoints.

What are Safety Activity Checkpoints?

The Safety Activity Checkpoints are a resource for volunteers which provides general and specific guidelines to ensure that girls can participate in a safe, high quality Girl Scout Leadership Experience.

Should I have a copy of the 'In Case of Emergency Toolkit" available at all troop activities?

Troop volunteers should keep a copy of the ICE – In Case of Emergency Tool Kit on hand during all Girl Scout activities.

Can volunteers who work in the healthcare field serve as First Aiders?

Yes. Healthcare providers may serve as Level 1 or 2 first-aiders. These include physicians, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, paramedics, military medics, and emergency medical technicians.

Where can I take CPR classes? Does online CPR training fulfill GSCTX requirements?

GSCTX encourages volunteers to take advantage of first-aid/CPR training offered by the American Red Cross, CPR Resources, American Heart Association, or other recognized organizations approved by GSCTX or GSUSA. To ensure you are in GSCTX compliance please request a ASHI (American Safety and Heath Institute) card. Try to take age-specific CPR training, too - that is, take child CPR classes if you’re working with younger girls and take adult CPR classes when working with older girls and adults.

First-aid/CPR training that is available entirely online does not fulfill Girl Scouts’ requirements because these courses do not offer enough opportunities to practice and receive feedback on your technique.

What type of insurance is provided by GSUSA and who is covered?

GSUSA provides an automatic basic accident insurance benefit for every registered member through Mutual of Omaha Plan 1. This benefit provides up to a specified maximum dollar amount for out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident while a member is participating in an approved, supervised Girl Scout activity, after the individual’s primary health insurance pays out. 

GSCTX liability insurance defends all adults from law suits, whether or not they are registered adult Girl Scout members, as long as they obey the law and are performing duties related to Girl Scouts during supervised activities in keeping with the Girl Scout Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints

There are additional insurance options that can be purchased for events or travel. To get an estimate and/or request additional insurance, visit

Where is the insurance form (Mutual of Omaha)?

To get an estimate and/or request additional insurance, visit

If a new member joins before the start of a membership year, are they covered under insurance? What about lapsed members?

As long as adults or girls hold one of the following, they are covered by GSUSA's Basic Plan Insurance:

  • A membership for the current membership year
  • A membership for the upcoming membership year
  • A lifetime membership of any level
  • An "extended-year" membership

Troop Finance

Can my troop/group participate in additional money earning programs?

Yes. Troops/groups may participate in additional money earning activities if other conditions are met. Daisies are not permitted to participate in additional money earning programs. For more information and to submit a money-earning request, visit

How do I handle girl(s) transferring to other troop(s)?

Does the money she has raised go with her? First Guiding Principle – Troop funds collected and earned by the girls belong to the troop. The funds never belong to one individual. When a girl(s) decides to leave a troop and join or start a new troop, the troop funds will be split equally according to the number of registered girls in the troop at the time of the split. An equal portion of the total troop treasury divided by the number of girls will be distributed to the troop(s) that the splitting girls transfer to. In the case of older girls working on GS Higher awards (Gold and Silver) or planning to attend Destinations or SU/Council Sponsored Travel the amount each girl has earned for the activity minus any non-refundable deposits will be transferred to her new troop.

My troop/group is disbanding. What should we do with our funds?

First Guiding Principle: Troop funds collected and earned by the girls belong to the troop, never belong to one individual, and should never be distributed to the girls in any form.

A Troop/group may disband when the girls in a troop have reached the maximum age for Girl Scout Troop Participation (12th Grade) and are graduating from high school or when the entire troop decides not to continue in Girl Scouts. Girls should vote on how the remaining funds in the troop account will be spent. Examples of appropriate use of funds would be a final troop trip, donating to the GSCTX Girl Campaign, or donating to the service unit, etc. Remaining funds in the account will be deposited into the Service Unit bank account to be forwarded to new troops if any of the girls transfer to another troop. The amount forwarded will be determined by dividing the remaining funds equally among the girls who were registered with the troop at the time it disbands. The funds will remain available in the Service Unit bank account for 90 days. Funds remaining in the Service Unit bank account after 90 days will become part of the Service Unit’s operating budget.

The troop leader should complete the following steps:

Step 1 – Work with membership staff to move all registered girls and adults to new troops or to IRG (to finish out membership year, since a troop won’t be marked as retired in the system as long as there are individuals with active memberships listed in the troop)
Step 2 – Submit Troop Update Form to mark troop as Retired in system
Step 3 – Submit Bank Account Request Form to officially close the bank account
Step 4 – Close account at bank (in conjunction with SU team member)
Step 5 – Turn in all assets, together with financial reports, cancelled checks, and all unused checks to the Service Unit Treasurer or Service Unit Director
Step 6 – Submit Troop Disbandment Report & Treasurer Worksheet
Step 7 – Complete the Troop Financial Report. This should be done through the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK). If the troop disbands during a period of time when the VTK is not available, they can instead complete the form here.

May I accept donations (sponsorships) to my troop/group?

Girls are not allowed to solicit cash, service, or in-kind gifts. However, if a local business, community organization, or individual wishes to support a troop or group, the following guidelines must be followed:

  • Donations of $250 or more must be turned in to the council and Gifts of $250 or more require appropriate acknowledgement from the council to maintain donor and IRS standards.
  • Once receipted by council, the funds will be redistributed to the troop/group in accordance to the wishes of the donor.
  • Donations of less than $250 can be received by the troop/group and deposited directly into the troop’s council approved checking account. The troop/group thanks the local donor with a special thank you note from the girls of all gifts below $250. Donations of less than $250 that require donor acknowledgement from the council must be receipted by the council. The donation will be redistributed to the troop/group. 
  • All troop/group donations received by Council through PayPal or other credit card processing company will be sent to the troop/group, electronically or by check, minus any credit card processing charges incurred by the council.
To report donations or in-kind services/items, visit
One of the parents in my troop works for an employer that offers matching gifts and volunteer service hours. How does she ensure that the funds are donated to our troop?

Some employers offer matching gifts and volunteer service hours to their employees. Employers may match the employee’s donations or give monetary gifts in proportion to employee volunteer hours to 501(c)3 charitable organizations. Corporate or Volunteer Match programs specified for designation to a specific troop/group by the company making the donation will be receipted by the council and distributed to the designated troop/group. A Corporate or Volunteer Service Match Program Form must be filled out and submitted to your Membership Development Executive. Acknowledgement will be provided to the company for its donation of any amount. Matching donations received that are not specifically designated to a troop or group will be considered unrestricted donations and retained by the council to carry out the Girl Scout Mission.

What approval is needed to participate in additional money earning programs?
What can girls use Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) for?

Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) earned by girl members through their participation in the Fall Product or Cookie Program may be used for approved Service Unit events, Troop Trips, GSUSA Destination trips, GSCTX council sponsored trips, Council events, GSCTX camp, and/or the GSCTX shop. Program Credit may not be used towards GSUSA membership. 

What are troop dues?

Troop dues are monetary collections which are deposited into the troop bank account for future use (for example: activities or council events). The amount collected is set by the girls and leaders of a troop to be provided by members weekly, monthly, quarterly, or bi-annually to finance the programs and activities of the troop.


Retail (GSCTX Shop)

How do I know what uniform and uniform pieces to get my new Girl Scout?

The shop can serve you in several ways. The GSCTX shop staff are very knowledgeable and carry everything for each level Girl Scout. The Austin shop ( does ship, so we can help you over the phone or via e-mail. There is also an online shop through GSUSA in New York, which you can visit by going to

What is the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) and how can the shops help?

The GSLE is the center of the Girl Scout program and a collection of activities and experiences that include earning badges and high awards, selling cookies, going on trips, exploring the outdoors, and learning to do Take Action projects. To learn more, visit Our Program pages.

The shop staff is extremely knowledgeable of the GSLE and shares the collective history of Troop Leader, Volunteer, and Girl experiences.

Do the GSCTX shops have Girl Scout t-shirts and other items besides Uniforms?

The shops carry the full line of core items like Uniforms and Badges, but they also carry Girl Scout and Girl Scouts of Central Texas t-shirts, totes, accessories, and gifts. Depending on the season or the Girl Scout calendar, the shop carries items to compliment experiences. For instance, in the summer, the shops offer fun Camp Kits. During Cookie Season, the shops carry Cookie Selling Support items such as Cookie t-shirts, Cookie booth items, yard signs, buttons, and other tools to help a girl reach her sales goal.

When I buy online, does that money benefit only GSUSA?

The online shop sales also benefit the Girl Scouts of Central Texas (GSCTX) Council and help fund programs in our Council. However, specific GSCTX items cannot be found in the online shop. To see a sampling of GSCTX items, visit our Facebook page GSCTXshop. Keep in mind that if you see something you like, the Austin shop can ship items. Send us an email to to place an order.

Can I use Program Credit (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) online?

GSCTX Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) cannot be used on the GSUSA online shop. But the Austin shop is able to process your order and ship if you cannot get to a GSCTX shop. Remember GSCTX Program Credits can be used for Troop trips, GSUSA Destination trips, GSCTX council sponsored trips, Council events, GSCTX camp, and/or the GSCTX shop.


Product Program (includes Cookies)

How do Individually Registered Girls (IRG) participate in fall/cookie product program?

Individually Registered Girls (IRG), sometimes referred to as "Juliettes," can participate in Product Program by pairing with another troop or selling through their service unit.

What is the Fall Product Program?

The Fall Product Sale allows Girl Scouts the opportunity to sell Nuts, Candy, Magazines, and more! Troops earn start-up funds: 35% on Nut and Candy items; $2 for each magazine subscription. High-selling Girl Scouts can also earn GSCTX Program Credits earlier in the year!

Besides earning money, what are the benefits of participating in the Cookie Program?

The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the world. Girls will learn life skills such as entrepreneurship and financial literacy. By participating in the Cookie Program, Girl Scouts also learn the Five Skills of Product Programs: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics!

Does my daughter have to sell cookies?

The Girl Scout Cookie program is the largest girl-led business in the world. Through this program girls learn entrepreneurial and financial literacy skills including decision making, goal setting, money management, people skills and business ethics. In addition, girls have the opportunity to earn Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough), which they can use to pay for program materials in the Council shop, GSCTX programs and camps, and Troop travel. However, girls and parents decide how they want to create their own Girl Scout experience and selling cookies is not required.

How/Where do I go about getting a cookie booth?

Contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager for more information or email Troops/parents should not contact any possible booth location(s); all location(s) are contracted by the Service Unit Cookie Manager.

What is the Cookie Captain Program?

The Cookie Captain Program provides service-oriented Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors with the opportunity to mentor Daisy and first-time selling Brownie Girl Scouts in the art of selling Girl Scout Cookies. Along with providing guidance, Cookie Captains teach younger Girl Scouts about the 5 Skills of Selling Cookies: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills, and Business Ethics! All Cookie Captains receive a patch and T-shirt; those who complete 20 hours of service earn the Service to Girl Scouting Bar, our Cookie Captain pin, and an invitation to the end-of-year Cookie Captain party.

What are Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough)?

Program Credits (formerly known as Girl Scout Dough) are credits that girls earn during our Fall and Cookie Sale Programs. It can be used for approved Troop trips, GSUSA or GSCTX Destinations, GSCTX-sponsored trips, GSCTX events/programs, GSCTX camp, and/or the GSCTX shop. Our Program Credits page has more information.

What should girls do when earning money for their troop/group outside of council-sponsored product program?

When additional forms of money earning are needed, troops should follow the Money Earning Guidelines found in the Troop Finances section of Volunteer Essentials and complete the Money-Earning, Fundraising, or Sponsorships Application/Report

What can a troop leader do if a girl is not participating in the Cookie Program?

There are several ways a girl can participate in the Cookie Program even if she chooses not to sell cookies, such as by making signs, leading a calling campaign, helping with pick up and delivery, and participating in the troop’s cookie booth. It is important to remember that all troop proceeds are for the entire troop, not just the girls who sold product.

My daughter sold over 1000 boxes of cookies. How does she earn a free week of camp?

First off, congratulations to your daughter! We know how much effort your family and you must have put in to support her reaching her cookie goal. Selling 1,000+ packages is no easy feat, and that free week of camp is well-deserved.

In order to register your daughter for her free week of standard camp, please visit our CAMPS page on the website. From there, you can view our Camp Guide and all camp registration information. We recommend that you register your daughter as early as possible for the best camp selection. Note that Double Knot requires a $50.00 deposit paid to register; these deposits will be fully refunded. REGISTRATIONS PLACED PRIOR TO MAY 1 WILL RECEIVE THEIR REFUND BEFORE CAMP SEASON STARTS.  If the $50.00 deposit presents a financial hardship to your family, please contact Customer Care for assistance.


Summer Camp (Resident and Day)

How do I register for summer camp?
Online Registration (Recommended) 

Online registration is the best and quickest way to register for summer camp. To register online, simply select the desired camp within the list of options for Summer Camp Registration. Registration is submitted through the platform Doubleknot. 

When registering online you may choose to place a deposit or pay in full:

  • Deposit: A $50 deposit can be made to hold your spot at summer camp. This year, the payment plan will include the initial deposit, and then two more payments. The second payment will be due 60 days prior to camp start date. The balance will be due 30 days prior to the camp start date. If you miss a payment deadline, you will receive email reminders until you make payment. The closer to the start date you register, the more money will be due at registration. So if you want to best utilize the payment plan, register early. Registering by late March is recommended although some camp sessions may fill before then.
  • Pay in full: You may pay in full at any time, or pay another amount that is larger than the amount currently owed as per the payment schedule.

If you already have a Doubleknot login, please use that login for summer camp registration. 

If you do NOT have a Doubleknot login, you will be able to create one at the start of registration. Simply select Create New User Profile and enter your first and last name, email address, and a password of your choosing. TIP: For new users, Doubleknot uses your email address as your User ID. If you create your Doubleknot password to be the same as the one you use for My GS (Volunteer Systems), it will be one less new login to remember.

Telephone Registration

If you are unable to register online, please call us at (800) 733-0011 and we will be happy to assist you with your registration.

Please note that camp sessions fill quickly. Phone registrations are processed in real time and are dependent on camp session availability.

Final payment for your camp registration must be received 30 days prior to the first day of the camper's registered session to hold the camper's space at summer camp. 

What forms do I need to complete before camp?

2021 health forms and parent guides will be emailed to all girls who are registered for summer camp several weeks prior to their camp session.

All camp forms must be completed and brought to camp to be colleceted at check-in. Do not mail them. This includes health forms and waivers. Additional staff will be available during camp check-in to help the process.

If a session is full, can my girl get on a waitlist?

Yes. Girl Scouts of Central Texas summer camps have limited waitlists for camp sessions. If you choose to be on a waitlist and a spot opens up, the camp registration system (Doubleknot) will automatically place the first registration on the waitlist into the spot. If the option to regsister for a waitlist is not present at the time that you register, this means that the waitlist is currently full. Please check back periodically.

Registrants will need to pay the $50 deposit to hold their spot on the waitlist. If the registrant does not move from the waitlist into the camp session, the deposit will be refunded.

During the initial phase of registration, all campers will be limited to one week of camp which includes waitlists. Anyone registered for more than one week of camp (registered or waitlisted), will have all but the first registration canceled without notification.

Is there financial assistance for summer camp?

Yes. If you need financial assistance for your girl to attend summer camp, please complete the Financial Partnership Form, selecting "Financial Partnership for GSCTX Summer Camp".

Financial Partnership Forms should be completed at least 4 weeks in advance of the camper's camp session. 

If you have more questions regarding financial assistance, please check the Financial Partnership FAQ.

Can I use my girl's Program Credits (formerly GS Dough) to pay for camp?

Yes. If your girl has GS Program Credits (formerly known as GS Dough) that she has earned from the Fall Product or Cookie Program and would like to use it to help pay for your camp session, please complete the Girl Scout Program Credits Request Form. Once completed, it will be automatically sent to our Events & Reservations Department for processing. We will send you a receipt after it has been applied.

Please note, Girl Scout Program Credit cannot be used for camp deposits.

What is the cancellation/refund policy?

Girl Scouts of Central Texas must receive a written request for cancellation and refund no later than two (2) weeks prior to your camp start date in order to receive partial refund. All requests can be sent to

  • A $50 cancellation fee is applied to all canceled camp sessions.
  • Any cancellations received after two (2) weeks prior to the camp session start date will not receive any refund of payment(s).
  • Campers who cancel due to medical reasons (council must receive signed doctor’s note and written cancellation request) less than two (2) weeks prior to camp session start date may receive a partial refund.
Transfer Requests

All camp session transfers must be received by written request at least two (2) weeks prior to the camp session start date. Transfer requests will only be completed if capacity allows.

Official Cancellation/Camp Closing

Parents/guardians are notified by phone if camp is officially closed due to severe weather conditions, emergency repairs, etc. (may be on a last minute basis). An alternate date or full refund will be offered.

No refund will be issued if camp is not officially closed and a camper chooses not to participate for any reason. 

Does my daughter need to be a Girl Scout to attend camp?

Yes. If your girl is not a registered Girl Scout, she will need to purchase a Girl Scout membership prior to registering for camp. New members may join through the registration portal, or former members can login to My GS and renew their membership.

Can I register my girl for a camp session that is designated for girl older/younger than she is?

No. Please do not register your daughter for a session that is designated for girls in grades older/younger than she is. Camp coordinators and staff carefully designate session grade levels depending on what the session content will be and badges that will be earned as well as the length of the activities in that session. Registration in a session that does not fit your girl's grade level may result in the camper being removed from the session.

What special precautions are taken to deal with the extreme Texas summer heat?

With proper hydration, girls have a safe, enjoyable summer camp experience. Staff encourage all campers to drink plenty of water throughout the day. All program areas have access to shade.

Depending on the camp, girls may go swimming each day and have down time after lunch where they can rest in their air conditioned lodging. If lodging does not have air conditioning, girls can enjoy activities in a building that does. At times, girls can play water games or even get an extra session in the water. We encourage campers staying in non-air conditioned units to bring a small, portable fan to help them keep cool.


Weekend Camping

How do I make a reservation for Weekend Camping?
Registered Members

Prior to reserving at Camps Texlake, Kachina, or Zilker Cabin, please read through the Camp Reservation Guide.

If you are a Girl Scout troop or service unit, you can use our online system Doubleknot to make a reservation for Camp Texlake, Camp Kachina, or Zilker Cabin during the months of September through May.

Instructions on how to use Doubleknot can be found on the screen of each camp page. Doubleknot is a very user friendly system. If you want to change the camp you are looking at, simply hover over the camp name in the green tabs at the top. You can Search by Date (this is the default view), or if you have a certain lodging in mind, select Search By Lodging.

Non-Profit Organizations and Local Businesses

If you are not a registered Girl Scout member, please contact us at (800) 733-0011. We will be happy to assist you with lodging and non-member pricing information.

How many activities can a troop do during a weekend reservation?

We recommend no more than three (3) daytime activities for troops who have weekend reservations. This year we are offering separate Activity Passes for our Special Activities, which include Horses, High Ropes, Challenge Course, and Kayaks/Canoes.

Troop leaders will be able to select the exact session for these activities during the registration process so that you can better plan your day. We are still offering the Basic Activity Pass that includes between 3-4 activities, as well as a Daisy Pass, that includes two Daisy-appropriate activities.

What if I don’t know how many girls are going to do a particular activity?

We recommend adding as many participants as you think will be able to do kayaking, horseback riding, high ropes, or general activities to hold the spots. Estimate on the high end since it is easier to release passes than order more later in the season when they may no longer be available. You can adjust the numbers up to 21 days prior to your campout. Any additonal deposits paid for the extra passes will be applied to your camp balance.

Can adults participate in camp activities?

Yes. Any adult who wishes to participate will need to have purchased their own activity pass. For horse passes, adults must not exceed the weight limitation set by the veterinarian (200 lbs). 

My girl has special dietary needs, can we still purchase a meal pass?

Yes. Our camps are able to handle Gluten Free and Vegetarian diets. We require notification of the request no later than two (2) weeks prior to your camp out. After that time, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate the special request.

Is Weekend Camping reservation only available to Girl Scout members?

No. We also welcome reservations for various outside groups. This means not all campers at camp will have a Criminal Background Check like registered Girl Scouts do. At all times, keep to your Safety Checkpoint guidelines to help ensure a fun and safe visit to camp.


Can I see photos of the camp facilities?

Photos of individual lodgings are available during the reservation process if you click on "More" at the end of each lodging's description. You may also call our Events & Reservations Department at (800) 733-0011 or view our Camp Reservation Guide for more information.

What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellation Policy

If you would like to cancel a camp reservation, cancellation requests must be received in writing 60 days prior to the camp start date in order to receive a full refund.

If the cancellation request is received less than 60 days prior to the start date, your deposit will be forfeited.

If the "Entire Camp" has been reserved and more than 25% of camp is released, the deposit will be forfeited regardless of when the cancellation request is received.

Any cancellation request received less than 21 days prior to the campout is non-refundable and all fees paid are forfeited.

Changes to Reservation

Any changes to a reservation, including Activity Passes, must be completed 21 days prior to the reservation date and are subject to availability. We cannot accommodate any changes after that date.

Payment in full is due 21 days prior to the reservation date.

Official Cancellation/Camp Closing

If camp is closed due to severe weather, emergency repairs, or other circumstances outside our control, the main contact for the reservation will be notified, and an alternate date or full refund will be offered. 

No refund will be issued if camp is not officially closed and a camper chooses not to participate for any reason. 

Where can I find a map of the campsite?

Maps of Camp Texlake, Camp Kachina, and Zilker Cabin are located in the Camp Reservation Guide.

What forms do girls need to complete before camp?

Each camper who will participate in special activities (ex., ropes course, rock wall, horse back riding) will be required to have a completed release form. These forms will be sent to the main contact for the reservation in advance of your campout.


Girl Awards

What are the Bronze/Silver/Gold awards?

The Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards are Girl Scouting’s highest awards. They also engage girls in building networks that not only support them in their award projects, but in new educational and career opportunities. For more information, visit our Awards page.

What is the highest award a Junior Girl Scout can earn?

The highest award a Junior Girl Scout can earn is the Girl Scout Bronze Award.

What is the highest award a Cadette Girl Scout can earn?

The highest award a Cadette Girl Scout can earn is the Girl Scout Silver Award.

How do I get started with the Silver Award project?

Participate in a Silver Award Workshop or complete the Silver Award Workshop online and complete the evaluation.

Meet with a Silver Award Consultant (SAC) with your project idea and proposal.  All Silver Award Projects are approved by a SAC.

Where can I find my Silver Award Consultant?

Please review the Silver Award page, select Find your nearest Silver Award Consultant under the Resources tab.

What is the highest award a Senior/Ambassador Girl Scout can earn?

The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest award a Senior/Ambassador Girl Scout can earn.

How do I get started with the Gold Award project?

Participate in a Gold Award Workshop or complete the Gold Award Workshop online and complete the evaluation.

Choose to participate in a proposal workshop to discuss ideas and fill out paperwork. Collaborate with a community partner to find a project advisor.  Request a letter of support and sustainability form your project advisor.

Submit your completed project proposal and letter to the Gold Award Committee (GAC).  All Gold Award Projects are approved by the GAC.

Does GSCTX offer scholarships for Gold Award recipients?

GSCTX offers scholarship opportunities to graduating seniors in our council. GSCTX also posts additional scholarship opportunities on our website. For information on how to apply or to view additional opportunities, visit our Scholarships page.

Where can I find the paperwork needed for the Bronze/Silver/Gold awards?

Please click on our Awards Page and select the award you are interested in earning.  Once you are on the specific award page, please download the forms. 

Where do I turn in my Bronze/Silver/Gold award paperwork?

All Bronze Award paperwork is submitted, approved, and kept by the Troop Leader. Silver Award paperwork is submitted and approved by your Silver Award Consultant/Committee.  All Gold Award paperwork is approved and submitted to the Gold Award Committee.

When are the Girl Scout Silver and Gold Award deadlines?

Silver Award: Girls have until September 30th of the year they finished 8th grade to submit their Final Report.

Gold Award: The deadline for Gold Award Final Reports to be submitted in order to be included in the spring ceremony is March 1st.

How do I get my award letter and pin?

Troop Leaders for Bronze Award recipient must submit the Bronze and Silver Award Request form.  Silver Award Consultants must submit the Bronze and Silver Award Request form on behalf of the recipient.