- Complete a Cadette Leadership Journey (if you haven't already) to hone the skills needed to earn your Silver Award.
- Learn about developing a quality project by completing the Silver Award Workship with your troop or individually with an adult.
- Identify the issues you care about.
- Build yourself a team of fellow Girl Scout Cadettes (or decide to go solo).
- Choose your Silver Award Take Action project by exploring the needs of your community and seeing what sparks your interest.
- Make a plan and review the approval guide.
- Submit your project proposal for approval and gain project approval.
- Put your project into motion.
- Reflect, share your story, and celebrate your work!
Become a Silver Award Girl Scout
Change the world and earn one of the highest awards in Girl Scouting.
When Girl Scout Cadettes focus on an issue they care about, learn the facts, and take action to make a difference, they gain the confidence and skills that will catapult them to lifelong success. It all adds up to the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest honor a Girl Scout Cadette (grades 6-8) can achieve.
Get Started on Your Silver Award
Steps to Earn the Silver Award
Silver Award Workshop
Resources and Forms
Get Silver Award pins and emblems.