Overnight Camp Registration Lottery
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is excited to offer this easy, equitable, and low stress method of summer overnight camp registration! You will also have the opportunity to pre-order a camp kit for your camper, if desired.
When you complete the form below to enter the summer camp registration lottery, you will be providing us with the information we need to register your camper for overnight summer camp. This will include some demographic information as well as up to five preferred sessions, in rank order. You will also be able to request a buddy for your camper and will have the opportunity to specify your priorities regarding siblings attending camp together. Please note that campers will only be able to request one buddy and the request must be mutual – both campers must enter the lottery, select the same session(s), and request each other. You will also be able to indicate if the buddy is a preference or a requirement for registration.
Once the lottery window has closed, we will use a random number generator to assign each lottery entry a number. This number will determine the order in which the camper is placed into a session.
As each camper’s number comes up, they will be assigned into their highest ranked camp session that has a space available. If none of their camp sessions are available, they will be placed on the waitlist for their highest ranked camp session that has a waitlist space available. If a camper’s number comes up and they have a buddy or sibling, we will utilize the indicated requests when placing them so that we meet everyone’s needs. These campers will be placed in their highest ranked camp session that allows for their buddy and/or sibling request to also be satisfied.
Information Needed to Complete the Lottery Form:
- Review the Summer Camp Guide and have your camper select up to five sessions. You will be able to enter these in rank order for preference.
- Check what name your camper is listed under in our system and find your camper's membership number:
- Log in to your MyGS account using the email and password you used when becoming a Girl Scout member or renewing a membership.
- Click My Household from the left-hand navigation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click View Houshold Membership Cards.
- Find your camper's membership card and note the name in the upper left corner and the member ID in the upper right corner.
- If your camper will be requesting a buddy, contact the buddy's caregiver and get their name as listed in our system and their membership number. (Reminder: buddy requests must be mutual. Both campers must enter the lottery, select the same session(s), and request each other.)
- January 11-21, 2024: Lottery form open for submission. Note: All lottery entries will be randomized. Submission order will not affect your camper's chance of getting into one of their preferred sessions. The $75 camp deposit will be collected through this form.
- January 30, 2024: Caregivers will be notified via email of which session their camper is registered in or waitlisted in. If this session no longer works for you, there will be an opportunity to request changes during a short change window through February 5, 2024.
- January 30 - February 9, 2024: GSCTX staff will process the registrations for all campers who entered the lottery. By February 9, 2024, caregivers will be able to see all registrations in their MyGS account.
For those that choose not to enter the lottery, remaining spots will be available for registration through gsEvents beginning at 10 A.M. on February 12, 2024 for Camp Texlake, February 13, 2024 for Bluebonnet Shores (formerly Camp Kachina), and February 14, 2024 for council-led day camps.
For campers wanting to register for more than one camp session and for Girl Scouts from other councils, registration will open on March 4, 2024.
Additional details about the process and answers to many questions can be found in the summer camp section of our FAQ page.
- Please double check information entered into the lottery form. If you need to make changes to your lottery form, you will need to complete a second form. Campers who have more than one form submitted will have all but the last by timestamp deleted. Campers who submit a second form will need to pay an additional $75 to submit the second form. This will be applied to the balance due on the summer camp they are regsitered in to.
- The $75 summer camp deposit is non-refundable. However, campers who request a change or cancellation during the short change window between January 30, 2024 and Februrary 5, 2024 will have cancellation and change fees waived. Additionally, campers who earn and select a free week of camp through the Cookie Program will have the deposit refunded once the free week is applied in late spring.
Overnight Lottery Information Night Recording: