Destinations and Council Trip Financial Assistance Application
Financial assistance is based on need of the participant. Scholarships are based on outstanding involvement in Girl Scouting.
- To be eligible, participant must have submitted their 2023-2024 Destinations application prior to requesting financial assistance.
- Financial assistance application deadline: March 31, 2023.
- Participant must be a registered member of Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered. All information is kept confidential.
- The council will notify participants via email if they are granted funding.
- Any Girl Scout awarded funds will be responsible for sharing their experience with others by presenting at council sponsored events and submitting photos and an overview essay for use in future travel promotions. Essay and photos are due by August 30th.
- Financial assistance is not “earned” through product sales or in any other manner. The assistance provided is to help ensure that all Girl Scouts, regardless of their financial situation, are able to participate fully in Girl Scouting. Parental involvement with GSCTX will have no bearing on award amount.
- Financial assistance is not intended to cover 100% of the trip cost. It is provided strictly on a household needs basis and is subject to the availability of funds which is impacted by the number of Girl Scouts applying for Destinations financial assistance.
- Not all applicants are guaranteed funding.
- Participants may apply for both financial assistance and a scholarship. They are eligible to receive both if they qualify.
- No more than one trip per Girl Scout will be funded per fiscal year.
- The same trip will not be funded over multiple fiscal years.
- You must have sold a minimum of 120 boxes of cookies and 1 unit of fall product within the last year or be participating in this year’s sales to qualify for financial assistance.