Destinations and Council Trip Scholarship Application
Scholarship eligibility guidelines:
- To be eligible, participant must have submitted their 2023-2024 Destinations application or paid their council trip deposit prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Scholarship applications are due by March 31, 2023.
- Participants must be a registered member of Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered. All information is kept confidential.
- The council will notify participants via email if they are awarded a scholarship.
- Any Girl Scout awarded funds will be responsible for sharing their experience with others by presenting at council sponsored events and submitting photos and an overview essay for use in future travel promotions. Essay and photos are due by August 30th.
- Up to five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded annually for international Destinations and council travel and up to five $500 scholarships will be awarded annually for domestic Destinations and council travel.
- Not all applicants are guaranteed funding.
- Participants may apply for both financial assistance and a scholarship. They are eligible to receive both if they qualify.
- No more than one trip per Girl Scout will be funded per fiscal year.
- The same trip will not be funded over multiple fiscal years.
- You must have sold a minimum of 120 boxes of cookies and 1 unit of fall product within the last year or be participating in this year’s sales to qualify for a scholarship.