Regional Chair Application
The Regional Chair is appointed by the Corporation President/Board Chair. Regional Chairs must be a registered member of the Girl Scout Movement with no outstanding council debt.
Regional Chairs shall be a registered member of the region they represent.
- The Regional Chair shall serve for a term of two years or until a successor is appointed. The Regional Chair shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
- The term of office shall begin December 15.
- Vacancies may occur by resignation of the Chair or failure of the Chair to perform the duties of that office.
Responsibilities of the Regional Chair
The Regional Chair shall transmit from the delegates in the region to the Board of Directors the views of the members in the region. The Regional Chair shall call and chair regional meetings to address items as determined by the Board of Directors or by the delegates. The Regional Chair will:
- Maintain contact with the delegates residing in the region, conveying to those delegates the actions of the Board and the issues facing the Board, and receiving from those delegates the concerns and suggestions from the entities that those delegates represent.
- Report the information received from the region to the Governance Committee Chair.
- Preside over any called meetings of the region.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Board.