Later this fall, Girl Scouts of Central Texas will debut a refreshed
member account management system designed with you in mind. The fresh
new environment will update MyGS and provide
increased visibility to your Girl Scout member account, make it
simpler to manage and maintain household memberships (and for troop
leaders, troop memberships too!), and find more fun for your
Girl Scouts is on track to pull back the curtain and Go-Live with our new system in early December—just a short time away—and we want to make sure that our volunteer and member communities are ready!
Starting November 18 at 11:00 PM CST, Girl Scouts will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily restrict the ability to complete many volunteer and member-related tasks and pause access to:
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- gsLearn (volunteer online training platform)
- *Looker (service unit admin team reporting resource)
*Service unit volunteers: December monthly reports will be delayed
but Looker 1.0 will be available until November 21, 2020.
The tasks below will still be available, though we advise you to complete ahead of the downtime for the best and most efficient experience:
- Background check completion and submission for processing
- New membership registrations and membership renewals
While much of the downtime period is set to occur the week of
Thanksgiving, a time when troops and volunteers often take a break to
be with family and friends, we know that Girl Scouts and volunteers
are always on the go. We want to make sure that you are aware of the
downtime, its potential to impact your Girl Scout plans, and steps you
can take before November 18 to prevent any surprises.
We encourage all members to think ahead and get any housekeeping items that require these systems out of the way before system downtime on November 18, 2020.
What should you do?
- Renew your family’s Girl Scout memberships
- Request Criminal Background Checks (CBCs) needed for cookie season
- Complete volunteer trainings before November 18 or wait until after December 7
- Download any information you may need from VTK
- Ensure that everything is in order and that you have what you need for any troop meetings or activities on your Girl Scout calendar during the downtime period
Thank you for helping to ensure a smooth transition for your family
(and troop) to Girl Scouts’ refreshed member account platform. As our
system refresh date approaches, we want our members and volunteers to
know that we will be here to guide you through the transition from
beginning to end. Please contact us if you have any questions,
Customer Care will still be available throughout the downtime to
Look for a brief introduction to the new features you’ll find when accessing your Girl Scout account later this fall. We think you’re going to like it!