- Harris County Emergency Management: (713) 881-3100
- City of Houston Information Line: 3-1-1
- Evacuation Assistance: 2-1-1 (This is the Texas/United Way HELPLINE answering thousands of Harvey-related calls. They are available 24/7 with updated info & resources.)
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office Non-Emergency: (713) 221-6000
- Coast Guard Rescue: (281) 464-4851, 4852, 4853
- Legal hotlines have been set up in Austin. Call 1-800-504-7030 for any legal questions.
When a member of our community is affected, it touches us all. The after-effects of the storm are still being felt, and we will be dealing with the consequences for years to come. As Girl Scouts, we are taught to step up when those around us need help. We encourage you to put on a Girl Scout t-shirt and get out there and volunteer to support those who were impacted. The need in our communities is so great. If you know of any Girl Scouts that need our help, please let us know. The Texas councils have also launched the Texas Girl Scout Hurricane Relief Patch, a program for our girls to learn about disaster preparedness. Details below.
- NEW Update! The Texas Girl Scout Hurricane Relief Patch has arrived! If you earned the patch you can now stop by our Austin shop to pick it up and proudly add it to your collection. Not in Austin? Not to worry, you can contact the Austin shop at email@example.com to coordinate a local Service Center pick up or mailing. Please be advised that there is a small shipping cost.
- GSUSA has lifted fundraising restrictions to enable girls to raise money for Girl Scouting recovery efforts. Fundraising efforts will be undertaken with the sole intention of providing membership scholarships to impacted girls. Such scholarships are typically defined as dues, uniforms, credentials (e.g., insignia worn on uniforms), and Girl Scout materials. To contribute to this effort, please go to www.girlscouts.org/hurricaneharvey or text HurricaneHarvey to 41444.
- Girl Scout councils across Texas are pleased to announce the creation of the Texas Girl Scout Hurricane Relief Patch. This is a free patch program which will not only educate girls about disaster preparedness and relief, but ask them to take action. We hope that your Girl Scout and her troop will take part in this state-wide program.
- HelpingPuertoRico.org is a volunteer group that was formed in Central Texas the day after the hurricane hit, proud to partner with various 501c3 nonprofit organizations in Texas and Puerto Rico, united to aid the people of Puerto Rico in their darkest hour.
- Consider following the above organization's Facebook Page to stay updated on opportunities benefiting our friends in Puerto Rico.
- Donate to Girl Scouts of Caribe by visiting this link.
How You Can Help
Have a question for Girl Scouts of Central Texas? Contact Us.