Press Corps Application
Be the first to get the scoop! The GSCTX Press Corps is a team of specially trained Media Girls who go behind the scenes of council and community events, gather all the facts, talk to the VIPs, snap photos, and share their stories with the GSCTX community!
- Completion of Media Girls 1 & 2
- Minimum of one of
the following supplemental trainings offered at various locations
throughout the council. Each training session will last three hours
and will cost $5. All materials will be provided.
- Advanced Photography
- On-Air/Interview Training
- Advanced Writing
- Participation in a (short) Press Corps orientation
If accepted, a member of the Press Corps is required to submit four stories per Girl Scout program year:
- Two Girl Scout major events
- One non-Girl Scout report on topic relevant to fellow Girl Scouts
- One story of personal interest
All stories must quote AT LEAST two separate sources. Each event will have a submission deadline (usually one week after event). Just like reporters in the field, we expect that the Press Corps will honor these deadlines to ensure timely reporting.