Activity and Travel Application
This form replaces the previous Troop Travel Application (TTA). It, and the associated Participant/Travel Roster, must be submitted for:
- Single day troop or service unit events that will include non-members or be open to the public (ex., service unit recruitment event)
- An overnight trip lasting one or more nights
- A day trip where the girls anticipate staying out past midnight
- A day trip more than 100 miles from the troop meeting place or outside the State of Texas
- A day trip or event with high risk activities
- A council event in which all troops attending have been instructed to fill out a TTA
Please submit the Activity and Travel Application at least two weeks prior to the start date of a trip or activity. Applications submitted any closer to the trip or activity run the risk of not being approved in time.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily in the community. Volunteers should take all reasonable precautions to limit potential exposure for girls, themselves, and families. To complete this Activity and Travel Application, you will need several additional pieces of documentation:
- Proof that the destination location is allowing travel from Texas (for out-of-state travel only).
- A detailed health protocol which includes a plan for cleaning and disinfecting all regularly touched surfaces, a plan for restroom use, and a plan for safe food and beverage handling and dissemination.
- Documentation from any public or private facility that you will be visiting showing their cleaning and space use protocols.
Here are some files and websites that will assist you with the Activity and Travel Application process. These sites are updated frequently so please make sure to check back regularly:
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about troop travel
- GSCTX COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
- GSCTX COVID-19 In-Person Troop or Group Meeting Guidelines
List of Approved High Risk Sites for ATAs (pdf)
- Participant/Travel Roster (Excel template)
- Tagalong Release of Liability (fillable pdf)
- COVID-19 Waiver (pdf - must be printed and signed by each participant | Spanish)
- COVID-19 Screening Questions and Log (pdf - must be printed and completed as participants arrive for gathering/trip | Spanish)
- COVID-19 Incident Report (pdf)
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- GSUSA Global Travel Toolkit
- GSUSA Guide to U.S. Travel and Travel Progression Chart
- Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Volunteer Essentials
Last updated April 2022.