COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
Working Together to Keep Our Girl Scout Community Safe
Last Updated: 6/30/2020
Girl Scouts of Central Texas health, safety, and facilities use guidelines consider Governor Abbott’s orders for opening businesses, youth camps, youth activities, and outdoor events, local officials’ orders, guidance from the CDC, guidance from the American Camp Association, and our ability to create safe spaces for girls, staff, and volunteers.
Facilities and Council-led Programs
- All service centers, shops, camps, and Scout Houses will be closed to the public through August 31, 2020. Council staff is working remotely. Customer care remains accessible through our website and by phone at 1-800-733-0011.
- All council-led resident camp programs for the summer of 2020 are canceled.
- All in-person day camps through August 2020 are canceled.
- All in-person council-led programs are canceled through August 31, 2020.
- Visit Girl Scouting at Home to explore our virtual programming aligned with our four program pillars — STEM, outdoor leadership, entrepreneurship, and life skills.
Retail Shop Curbside Service
- Beginning June 1, council shops will offer retail with at-home ordering and curbside pickup. Prearranged pick-up appointment times will be available on:
- Monday: 10am – 3pm
- Tuesday: 10am – 3pm
- Wednesday: 10am – 3pm
- Thursday: 10am – 3pm
- To place your curbside order, please email email@example.com for the Austin Shop, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Bryan Shop, or call 1-800-733-0011.
Girl Scout Gatherings
- Beginning June 1, groups of 10 individuals or fewer may choose to meet in-person provided they comply with the Minimum Standard Health Protocols outlined by Governor Abbott and the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, and they do not require use of a Girl Scouts facility. Prior to meeting in-person, review Council In-Person Meeting Guidelines.
- Girl Scout groups are permitted to attend outdoor events provided they abide by the Minimum Standard Health Protocols set forth by the State of Texas for Outdoor Events.
- Groups are still encouraged to meet virtually. Visit Girl Scouting at Home for Volunteers to learn more about how you can lead your troop and keep girls connected while maintaining social distancing.
- Beginning June 1, Service Units may choose to host in-person events for groups of 10 individuals or fewer, provided they comply with the Minimum Standard Health Protocols outlined by Governor Abbott and the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, and they do not require use of a Girl Scouts facility.
- Weekend camp reservations will open to Service Units for "Entire Camp" starting July 1, 2020, and to troops starting July 15, 2020. The 2020-2021 Weekend Camp Reservation Guide will be available prior to the reservation system opening.
- All domestic travel, defined as trips for 3 nights or more, is not permitted through August 31, 2020.
- All international travel is not permitted through August 31, 2020.
Girl Scout Family COVID-19 Relief
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is launching the Girl Scout Family COVID-19 Relief initiative to connect Girl Scouts of Central Texas families in financial distress with Girl Scout sisters who wish to provide support. To make a donation and support your Girl Scout sisters, please visit the Girl Scout Family COVID-19 Relief.
We’re Here to Support Our Members
Thank you for your help in keeping Girl Scouts a safe, fun space for everyone! If you have questions about how novel coronavirus may impact Girl Scout activities, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-733-0011.
Be a Source of Comfort and Calm for Girls
Girl Scouts has developed a helpful resource for How to Talk to Your Girl About Coronavirus to help minimize stress and worry in your Girl Scout’s life and give her a sense of calm and control.
Visit Girl Scouting at Home for more resources to keep girls active and engaged.
Staying Safe Online