GIRL SCOUTS OF THE USA (GSUSA) HAS DEVELOPED A TRAINING PLAN WITH ACTIVITY-SPECIFIC CHECKPOINTS.
Through the new Safety Activity Checkpoints, volunteers can consult this information when planning outings and activities and do so in a way that is more convenient to them. Access the information you need when you need it without reading any additional or unnecessary material. Review the Safety Activity Checkpoint before planning an activity with girls to be sure the standards can be met.
ALL OF THE CHECKPOINTS FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT
- Where to Hold the Activity
- Including Girls with Disabilities
- Basic and Specialized Gear Needed
- Preparation for the Activity
- On the Day of the Activity
- Web Links for More Information
- Know-How for Girls
- Jargon Specific to the Activity
KNOWING HOW MANY ADULTS YOU NEED
Girl Scouts has established adult-to-girl ratios, a chart that shows the minimum number of adults needed to supervise a specific number of girls.